009 - Let This Be Our Farewell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by YiyuRu

"Stop it!" Ruka scolded the two boys as they glared at each other. One was fuming with rage, and the other had an innocent smile plastered onto his face.

Ruka sighed in frustration, walked up to the two males, and separated them, blocking them from killing each other with their gazes. "Over such a trivial matter? Have your brains evaporated?!" She yelled.

Akagi grumbled, rolling his eyes, while Hasegawa still kept that smile on his face, annoying Akagi to no end.

"It isn't trivial, mother. Clearly, this brat was trying to mock me," Young lord Hideaki muttered.

Hasegawa raised an eyebrow, "What makes you say so?"

"Ruka is right, it is indeed trivial," Yamato spoke, "You two fight like little kids," Helplessly sighing, he said, "Akagi, you could've asked if you wanted to call me by my name... It's not like you don't know it."

Yamato walked up to Hasegawa and Akagi, scrunching his eyebrows up a bit when he saw the amount of wounds they had. Somehow, they managed to fight each other without everyone else noticing. Likely, they used their own elemental powers.

Yamato called over a servant, "Get me some bandages, hydrogen peroxide as well." He said to the servant. They bowed, and hurriedly left to find the items he had requested.

It wasn't long until the servant returned with the supplies he had asked for. Yamato threw some bandages at Akagi, and focused on treating Hasegawa's wounds instead. Akagi's wounds were much less serious, only a few scratches at most. Hasegawa, on the other hand, had deeper wounds. He was sure that Akagi could bandage a few little scratches.

As the amethyst haired boy focused on treating Hasegawa's wound, forcing the young lord to hold his hand out so Yamato could wrap a bandage around it, Hasegawa began to pick a fight with Akagi again, "Hahaha, should've restrained your powers, young lord Hideaki."

"Shut the hell up, Hasegawa," Akagi spat.

"You shut up, too," Hasegawa retorted.

They both stayed silent.

The moment Yamato finished treating all of Hasegawa's wounds, a familiar, monotone voice came from behind him,

"Akira," She said. Yamato turned around, meeting the gaze of the physician with silver hair.

"Hello, Fuyu," He greeted the physician.

She smiled. "You have medical knowledge? When did you learn?"

"I studied it when I was younger." Yamato responded. It was technically true, as he had learned it when he entered college, and he still was.

"Would you like to be my apprentice, then? There aren't many people left with medical knowledge, and it would be beneficial if you assisted me," Fuyu suggested. "Don't worry about being lonely, as I have another apprentice as well."

Yamato glanced back at Ruka, Akagi, and Hasegawa, and then back at Fuyu, the silver haired physician.

"Do you not know? That is fine. I'll give you time to think. After you get your elemental test done, you can meet me at the town's hall," Fuyu said, "If you decide to be my apprentice, come with me out of town, to the place I live in. I'll teach you how to use herbs and medicine there, and I'll occasionally let you visit back here. However, if you get accepted into Solana Academy, you will only join school when the year is half done."