ARC 2 || 013 (2/2) - Like Brother, Like Sister

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by YiyuRu; not fully edited

a/n: I changed "yasahi" to yasashii

The carriage ride continued on, and although the academy was approaching, the carriage was silent.

Ruka had long fallen asleep, as it was quite a long trip, so it made sense that Ruka, who did not regularly go on long trips, to fall asleep midway.

Yamato held a letter in his hand, slowly examining the envelope.  The letter was placed on his nightstand when Yamato had awoken, and he knew that the person who had sent this letter was the same as the previous, because the insignia used to seal the envelope was the same.

When he had gotten the first letter, he did not recognize the insignia, but now that he had a second, he compared them with each other, and then noticed that the two shared a common feature- a white and gold colored symbol.

Yamato had intended to wait to read the letter once he was close to arriving at the academy, and now, he had the chance. Yamato opened the envelope, silently reading the content.

The letter read,

Dear, Yamato Akira.

When will you realize?

He frowned. It seemed like the sender of these letters were the type who liked to play around with riddles.

But, did Yamato Akira truly care about what this mystery person had to say?

He didn't. That was his answer now.

And so, Yamato simply tore up the paper, and proceeded to throw them out of the carriage.

Impatient. Was the only word he could use to describe the author of those letters.

Yamato looked out the window of his carriage, and it soon halted before a familiar grand and extravagant building. A banner in the front was hung between two towers, the words on it read, "Solana Academy".

As he read those letters, a small smile formed on his lips.

What would the mysterious letter's author do if Yamato did not follow the letter's clues and go find him?

He first awoke Ruka, and proceeded to exit the carriage with her. Another carriage was parked behind them, the one in which Hasegawa, Shizuki, and Akagi sat in. Yamato was curious on why Ruka, who had been the one to choose who went in which carriage, decided to group all three of them into a singular one. Yamato was sure that Ruka knew that the three of them did not particularly get along.

-And Yamato was right. When the three of them exited the other carriage, Shizuki was the first to leave, his face gloomy and angered, clearly displaying his feelings inside.

Hasegawa and Akagi, on the other hand, were not as bad. Akagi still had his natural stoic and cold face, and Hasegawa had a small, playful smile on his lips.

Yamato guessed that, because they knew each other since childhood, they got along better. Since Shizuki was naturally hostile and on guard, he was the only one who looked rather gloomy.

Ruka said a few words of goodbye to Yamato, since she had no need to attend Solana Academy, as she had already graduated many years ago. She left with the two carriages, promising to come back to pick them up later.

Once Ruka left, Hasegawa lightly grabbed his wrist, "Yamato, it was lonely without you. You should've asked Ms. Ruka to replace Shizuki with yourself, ah."