6 - I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake!

Start from the beginning

''Me? Not doing anything? What do you mean! Not everyone's Like you, crying and asking endless questions! If it's your fault, then it could've been mine too! If I had offered to switch visits with you, then she'd be alright since I'd stayed longer! But it's no one's fault! No one knows why she died! At least not yet! And who said I'm not doing anything! I didn't want anyone to see me cry! I'm an eighteen year old guy, for God's sake! Do you expect me to scream and cry?' He yelled. I widened my eyes, finally noticing his tear-streaked face. I looked at him for a moment, not knowing what to say. I knew what I said was wrong, and I regret the words instantly. I wasn't angry at him, I was... urgh! I was upset, I guess, very upset.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I... ' I apologized, turning towards him. He looked up and his eyes immediately softened.

''Com'on here, little sis.' He said, pulling me towards him.

We stayed like that for some time, until Cara came and called us to get outside.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"So, according to Mrs Miller's will, his Grace the Duke of Thelisia will inherit...' a man in formal and expensive looking suit said. He was Cordelia's lawyer and had come to talk about her will.

Surprising, Cordelia gave us pretty much everything. Half of her money went to various charities and 1/8 of what was left were divided equally among Ryan and Genevieve, the rest was divided equally among the four of us. I also inherited a lot of her stuff. She even left Dad Sweets!! Basically all she left Ryan and Genevieve were the money, the house and some bits and pieces.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The next day was a Sunday. I stayed in my room the whole day, earning 68 messages and 46 missed calls from Trisha and Toby.

I screamed and cried into my pillow.

Cordelia's dead.

Thank for reminding me.

No problem, that's what I'm for.

Screw you.

Ashton and I didn't go to school the next few days. I spent every day in my room, eating just enough to survive.

Knock, knock.

''Go away!' I shouted.

''Anna, come out! You can't stay there all cooped up!' My mom's voice was filled with worry.

I stayed silent, mainly because I was too tired to talk.

I heard Mom sigh.

''Look, you are sixteen now and old enough to make your own decisions. Just ... I just want to say... Cordelia wouldn't want to see you and Ashton like this. Life goes on, darling. Look at your father, he's upset, but he knows he has to go to work. Coz, darling... Cordelia wouldn't want to see you like this.' She paused, waiting for me to respond. I didn't. Finally, she said,

'Your father and I will be leaving now. I wish we don't have to, I really don't want to leave you two alone for a week... But ... Well, bye, darling. I'll see you in a week. Love you. ' With that, she left.

Cordelia wouldn't want to see you like this.

I sat there for a minute, those words repeating in my head over and over again.

Life goes on.

Mom was right. So, I got up and the first thing I did was to go to my bathroom. I looked at my reflection and cringed. I looked terrible. Blood-shot eyes, and not to mention the bags underneath. My hair was all tangled. Basically, I looked like I should be on the streets instead.