7- I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 7 : I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.

''What do mean my broth killed her?' I asked in a small voice.

''Not exactly your broth. Cordelia died of poisoning. Of Venetia.'

I gasped. Venetia was a poison from Sherfil, and only Sherfil. Somebody invented it many years ago to kill the king and it was immediately banned before it went to other countries. Mostly only royalties have seen this drug.

''I thought it was banned?' Ashton asked.

'' Yes, but people have their ways. So, it's not your fault, Anna. But I'm guessing that somebody had somehow gotten hold of Venetia and had put it in the broth you cooked. That's why I need you to tell me everything.'

I took a deep breath, as the memories of that day flooded in. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and began,

''We were talking about food and I told her all about Aunt Jenna's famous broth. Cor... Cordelia was very interested and started saying how she wish she could meet Aunt Jenna and taste it. Then, I... I suddenly remembered Aunt Jenna emailed me the recipe a long time ago. So, I printed it out and started cooking it while... while Cordelia rested. It was Toby and my anniversary that day, so... so I had to leave at 2pm. Cooking the broth took longer than I thought and I finished at 2pm. I took it out to her and she tried it. She said it was really delicious. I had to leave then, so I said goodbye, my last goodbye, to her.' I closes my eyes as Ashton held me.

''I'm sorry. But... Have you tasted it? The broth, I mean.' Luke asked.

'' Yes, before I took it to her.'

'' And it tasted normal?'

''Yup.'

“ Did anyone else taste it?’

“Yes, Cara tasted it with me and Lucy, Cordelia’s nurse had her own bowl.’

''Were you alone when you were cooking the broth?'

'' Yes, wait, no. I mean, Cara was with me, but no one else.'

''Right, do you have the recipe? Can you print it and personalise it to the recipe for your broth?'

I nodded and printed out the recipe and started crossing stuff and adding stuff. After I finished, I handed it to him. He looked at it for a moment and said,

''Alright then, later at the questioning, remain silent, I'll answer everything. Only speak when I nod my head at you, okay? Remember, love, do not say anything you shouldn't, okay?'

''Okay.' I whispered.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Soon, another female cop arrived.

‘Your highness, my lord and my lady.’ She greeted with a smile. ‘I’m Detective Ferris, but please call me Julia. I’m responsible for this case. And sorry, I got held up last minute and thought these three can handle something on their own, apparently they cannot.' The three cops bowed their heads, it was actually kind of funny.

''They are in my team and I apologize for their behavior. This won't happen again.' She continued.

''It's alright.' I said. I just wanted all this to be over.

''Right, I'm Luke Grigoletto, Brianna's lawyer. Shall we start?' Luke said.

''Raven, please get some tea.' Ashton nodded, turning to his personal maid. Unlike Cara, Raven was in her fifties.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The questioning was alright, I guess. I remained silent while Luke answered pretty much everything. The detective and the cops were gone. Ashton, Jason and Luke were talking downstairs while I was in my room. Luke told me to get some rest. I wanted to stay and listen, but he said I went through too much and that if I really wanted to do something, then do some research. Then, I'll understand the situation better.

So, I googled 'Venetia', I've heard about the whole it killed the king story, but I'm not sure about the details.

But instead I got results of different people named Venetia.

Seriously?

So I typed 'Venetia poison' instead.

Finally.

Venetia is a deadly poison that origins from Sherfil. It is a drug made by the Venetian Troop and them only. The name Venetia, originates from that troop, it is not known what its real name is called as the Venetian Troop never revealed anything about it. The contents of Venetia is also unknown scientists believe that it was made of something only The venetians have. It is also impossible to get Venetia anywhere as only the Venetian Troop has it.

It was used to kill King Matthew II of Sherfil in 1926. (See the death King Matthew II)

Click.

The Ventian Troop is a troop originating from Sherfil. There were an estimated of 1000 people. They lived in the outskirts of Sherfil. They were once against the monarchy and had killed King Matthew II of Sherfil in 1926. (See the death of King Matthew II) They had an peace agreement with the monarchy in 1930...

Click.

The death of King Matthew II. King Matthew II of Sherfil died on 20 September 1926. He was killed by the Venetian Troop with a drug, Venetia. The drug was added into his water, which he drank before sleeping. He started choking around an hour later and died two hours after drinking the Venetia-added-water. Venetia was then banned...

I closed my laptop and laid down on my bed.

If Venetia was banned, why would it be in Cordelia's broth?

They said the only the Venetians have it.

But most important of all, why me? 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I had finally switched on my phone and found a zillion messages. So I went to Twitter and tweeted that I was fine and thanks very much blah blah blah which got a lot of likes and replies.

So, I switched it off again and resorted into replying through my laptop since my phone wouldn't stop buzzing.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's Notes

Bonjour, dahlings!!

So, you know more about the Ventenians and Venetia!!!!

Song on the side has absolutely nothing to do with this chapter, am just kinda obsessed with it ;)

Plz vote and comment!:)

Xxxx

~Bethia