32 - To Lady Brianna Huntley

Dedicated to belleandbeauty22, thanks for all the votes and suppprt:) ily

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 32: To Lady Brianna Huntley

Everything happened so fast, one minute I was proved not-guilty, the next minute, Genevieve dropped the biggest bombshell ever.

"What do you mean she found a bottle of Venetia?" I asked, shivering as I stepped into the living room.

"I don't know, Miss, I'm sorry." The maid replied, handing me Ashton a towel. We had been swimming in the pool when Lucy, the maid, came in and said Luke was here to see us.

"Luke?" Ashton called as we arrive the sitting room."What's going on?"

"Thanks." Ashton and I both said as Lucy handed Ashton a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and me a sun dress. Luke waited until we were comfortable on the chairs before speaking.

"Okay. Um. How do I say this? Well, I think the cops found the real murderer."

"What?" I whispered.

"Yes. Four days ago-"

"The day of Anna's hearing." Ashton mumbled.

"Yes. That very night, Ryan Miller went out of town and wasn't home. His daughter, Genevieve, I believe you know her? Right, she somehow found herself in her Dad's garage, she came upon a pile of rubbish and found two items. Two very important items." Luke showed two of his fingers while we leaned forward.

"A bottle and two letters." Luke continued. "Not just any ordinary bottle or letter, but a bottle containing Venetia and two letters addressed to the two of you."

"Us?" Ash asked, Luke nodded.

"Wait, if she found these things four days ago, why... why do we know about it now and not earlier?" I asked.

"Technically, you aren't supposed to know about this until the public does as you are not family of Cordelia or anything. However, since the letters were addressed to you, you are told now. As for why not earlier, well, let's just say the cops need time to process stuff." Luke explained, he took out his briefcase and took out two envelopes. "Here, you two read it. The seal's broken because, this is just a guess, Ryan read it. No one else has, I think, not even me or the police as it's yours, but if there's anything in there which can help with the case, you must tell us, okay? The murder is still being investigated, you know."

"Okay." I whispered, overwhelmed by everything, I looked down at the envelope.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

To: Lady Brianna Huntley

Dearest Brianna,

By the time you find this letter, I'd be gone. Don't cry, dear, don't cry for me. I'll be watching from above.

I expected this actually, my death, I mean. From the moment Ryan said we'd never be his real parents, deep down, I knew. However, I wouldn't admit it, just like how I wouldn't admit I had feelings for George. I knew he would be the death of me, just not that literally. Since George had passed away, Ryan would always ask me about Sweets, like what I'd do with it and give me suggestions. I never told him much because, frankly, I didn't know what I was going to do. I guess it's my fault, I didn't raise him right. Don't blame him, Sweetie, he had to do what he had to do, but I can't give him Sweets. I promised George I'd keep Sweets in good hands. YOur father has good hands, I trust him. With my life.

I trust you guys with my life too. You and Ashton are just like my grandchildren, your parents my children. Which is why I'm about to tell you what I'm about to tell you. There are things I have to tell you, actually. The first thing is something I had written in Ashton's letter as well, the second is something more... personal.