25 - You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Chapter 25: You know the feeling, the feeling when you think life can't get any worse?

After a few crazy days with my family and friends (we went to the water park for three days), I was having some quiet times in the secret garden with none other than the Jason Gilbert.

"Must your parents come back tonight?" I asked, looking up at Jason. He was leaning on a tree trunk and my head was on his lap.

"We can still Skype, my parents may know about Skype, but it's like they don't know I know about it too." He said, I giggled. His parents being back means he's being grounded again and couldn't come see me anymore. Nor could I go, since we were supposed to keep this relationship a secret from them. Only a few knows we are dating, Ashton, Trisha, Cara (my maid), Dallas (the butler), Mom and Dad.

"It's not the same." I whispered.

"I know, Piglet, I know. Sometimes I just wished I wasn't a prince. Life would've been so much easier, huh?" He laughed, a humorless laugh.

"It's that hard, huh?" I teased.

"Yeah. Come on, my parents are gonna be back in four hours, I have to get back to get everything perfect." He said as we both stood up. We packed up our things and put them up to our horses.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I whispered as he pulled me close by my waist.

"I'm gonna miss you more." He whispered back, leaning his forehead on mine. I closed my eyes as his lips met mine.

"I'll call / text / Skype you tonight, if I have time and it's not too late." He said against my lips. He kissed me once more and helped me up my horse. I waved goodbye and trotted away. To think less than half a year ago, I'd have been thrilled to see Jason leaving. That's life for you, I guess. We just have to expect the unexpected.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It has been more than a week since I last saw Jason. We'd talked, of course, but I hadn't exactly seen him. He was still being grounded for almost two more weeks.

"Miss?" Cara poked her head through the door.

"Yeah? Come in!" I said, sitting up.

"No, uh, miss, I think you should come with me." She said, biting her lip.

Cara never bit her lip. Like ever.

"Cara? What it is?" I asked gently.

Cara shook her head, put a finger to her lips and gestured me to follow her. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed her. We climbed the stairs and Cara told me to crouch down as we peeped through the gap.

There were two cops at the door, and I thought I saw a few more outside. My parents were coming out from their study to talk to them and Dad was tapping his phone, probably calling Luke. It looked serious.

"What's happening?" I whispered. Cara shrugged. "Come on, I want to hear." I said, as I pulled her with me. We ran past a hall and came to the library. I ran to the my right and came to the history section. I went to one of the shelves and pushed it gently. As anticipated, the shelf moved, I heard Cara gasped behind me and I just pulled her along. We crawled through the tunnel in silence and we came to a 'crossroad' I chose the right one and a few seconds later we reached a room. I closed the door behind me and switched on the lights.

"Don't tell anyone about this, okay?" I said.

"Cross my heart, my lady." Cara replied. I nodded, satisfied and turned on a switch. I trusted Cara. The voices boomed into the room.