Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Aaron. You are going to get your memories back. You are going to remember everything. I will help you do that. I promise, even if it's that last thing I do. You deserve so much more than what life has given you." Jacob says, his stunning blue eyes shining. I nod my head slowly, my eyes closing.

"I'm so tired of this all." I whisper to him. He unwraps himself from me and my eyes shoot open, afraid he's going to leave me all alone. I feel his hand wrap around mine and give a tight squeeze. He pulls me over to the black chair and pushes me down onto it. He grabs a pillow from the yellow chair and puts it behind my head. I give him one final look. His features are pulled into one of determination and hope. He looks beautiful.

Oh...oh no.

JACOB'S POV

Aaron slowly closes his eyes, a small smile resting on his lips. Immediately his breaths even out and I see his chest rise and fall slowly. I take a shaky breath and that's when the tears start falling. My body quickly turns around and I run to the boy's dormitory. I had to quickly build a wall when I saw Aaron at the door. To quickly if you ask me. My whole body starts to shake. It's so difficult looking into his dark grey eyes, knowing he doesn't remember anything. A loud sob echos around the room. They were once so beautiful. Such a brilliant forest green they were. He just looks so lost. It's so hard to stay calm around him. To not burst out into tears whenever I see him. When he said he does tiny things differently and how he doesn't feel so lost around me, I almost broke. Right there and then. I want to be able to hold him again. To talk to him about everything. But I can't because he's gone. He's gone and I don't know if I'm ever going to get him back. Another sob escapes my lips. Why am I like this? Why do I feel so weak? Because you are. A terrible voice whispers in my head. I just shake my head. Suddenly the walls feel like they are closing in around me. Suffocating me. I need to get out of here, right now. My body starts to shake as I rush out of the dormitory and back into the common room. Aaron is still laying peacefully on the black chair. My mind fills with guilt as I walk out of the room and into the dim corridor, leaving him behind. I just need to be away from everyone and everything for a while. Just quiet. As I walk around the hallways of Hogwarts, my mind keeps wandering. In my mind, flashes of images appear inside my head. Aaron's body falling through the air. His cold lifeless eyes staring back at mine. The anger on his face after the third task. His hand stretched out towards me, holding my precious Belladora. His beautiful green eyes staring into mine. Tears starts to fall down my cheeks. Gone, all of it. Gone. Reduced to nothing. He said I would get to know him the best. I would be the one to help him through everything. The thing that plays over and over in my mind is when he shoved me away, the rage in his eyes. I can't get it out of my head. I have to force myself away from those thoughts. Suddenly, I am back in the dark corridor again. I gaze around trying to get a feel for my surroundings. I think I am somewhere near the Room of Requirements. My feet take me around the corner and I come face to face with another student. A Ravenclaw student. My blood runs ice cold. Samuel Steemer. I'm staring directly into his...grey...eyes. Those eyes seem very familiar. Oh...OH. Oh my god! That is the color of Aaron's eyes!

"Samuel." I say, memorizing every detail of his eyes.

"Jacob." Samuel sneers, his lips pulled down in a snarl. It was you, wasn't it? You were the one who messed with my Aaron. I feel my lips pull down in a frown. "Move out of the way freak, I have somewhere I need to go." Samuel tells me menacingly.

"I don't think I will." I say, pulling out my wand. He slowly pulls out his wand as well. As I quickly point my wand at him, his eyes widen in surprise.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I shout at him. A blinding light shoots from the end of my wand and hits his squarely in the chest. His arms slam against his side and he falls backwards on the ground, a thud echoing around the halls. I go over and lean down by him, so my eyes are level with his.

"It was you wasn't it?" I whisper to him, cocking my head slightly. His eyes fill with terror and fear. A wicked smile forms on my lips as I stare down at the trapped Ravenclaw. "You're dead." I tell him. I grab his wand from him and using my own wand, I flick my wrist.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I whisper under my breath. He starts to float in the air towards me. Now off to find the Headmaster so we can get this all sorted out. Why in the world would Samuel have the same colored eyes as Aaron? It just makes no sense. I have a bad feeling about this. A really, really bad feeling about this. I swear, once Aaron gets his memories back, I'm going strangle Samuel in his sleep so he never gets to wake up. I wander around the dim corridors trying to find any one of the professors, but they seem to have disappeared. A deep sigh escapes my lips.

"Jacob! What are you doing?" I hear a voice scream from behind me. I spin around and come face to face with Veronica.

"Do you know where the professors are?" I ask her quickly. Her gaze is focused on Samuel, her brows furrowed in confusion. Then she finds his eyes and her own eyes widen in surprise. "You see now?" I ask her. She just nods her head. We stay silent for a few moments before she finally responds to my question. She points her thumb behind her head.

"Library." She says quietly, still staring at Samuel.

"Trust me, he'll be dead before morning." I growl. "Thank you Veronica! Oh also, Aaron is in the Hufflepuff Common Room. Would you mind going to wake him up for me?" I ask her softly.

"Of course! I'll tell him you are in the library." She tells me.

"Thank you!" I tell her, rushing off towards the library. My hair is sticking up all over the place because I'm practically sprinting towards the library. As I turn the corner, I see the old door standing out against the grey walls. I kick it open with my foot and rush to where I see a large ground of preppie gathering. I glance behind me to make sure Samuel is still there. Thankfully he still is.

"Professors and Headmaster!" I shout and all their heads snap up towards mine, exhaustion and confusion and evident in there gazes.

"I think I know who took Aaron's memories." I tell them. Every single pair of eyes grow wide.