Chapter - 46 : Nicholas Flamel

Ava made her way back to Hogwarts a day before a day before term started.

Harry and Ron filled them up on what had happened when they were gone.

Harry had received an Invisibility Cloak by an anonymous person and he had gone to explore the Restricted Section for Nicolas Flamel, without any luck.

Instead he'd found a mirror called the Mirror of Erised which showed people their deepest desires which Professor Dumbledore had asked Harry not to go looking for again.

Hermione's reaction was a mix of horror (at the idea of roaming the school at night and being caught) and disappointment at not being able to find out who Nicolas Flamel was.

But Ava was actually intrigued with the thought of the mirror. What would she have seen? She pondered upon this thought.

But the days went on. They four kept looking through the library every chance they got.

One evening, laying across her four poster bed, Ava was looking through the book Professor Dumbledore had given her. She was now in the section labelled alchemy and there it was.

She sat bolt upright. There it was - Nicolas Flamel. She read through the passage and suddenly, everything made sense!

She sprinted out of the dormitory and towards the Great Hall, panting as she climbed the final step.

The three were there. Harry showed them a chocolate frogs card to which Hermione was trying to connect the dots to Flamel.

"I found him!" Ava gasped.
They looked at her in surprise.

"Nicolas Flamel!" she hissed at them. "Follow me!"

They went towards the library. Ava found an empty classroom beside it and went in.

"Look at this -" she said as she started reading out loud.

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Ava said.

"Wait a minute! I have this book! I never thought to look in here!" Hermione cried.

"The what?" Harry and Ron had said.

"Oh, honestly, don't you two read? Oh fine! Continue Ava." said Hermione.

"The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.

There have been many reports of the Philospher's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicolas Flamel, a noted alchemist and opera-lover. Mr Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife Perenell (six hundred and fifty eight)"

"See?" said Hermione when Ava had finished reading, "the dog must be guarding Flamel's Philosopher's Stone! I bet he asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him because he knew someone was after it. That's why he wanted the Stone out of Gringotts!"

"A stone that makes gold and stops you ever dying!" said Harry. "No wonder Snape's after it! Anyone would want it!"

"No wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Development in Wizardry," said Ron. "He's not exactly recent if he's six hundred and sixty five, is he?"

-----
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
We hit 800+ reads! I'm so happy! I cant believe it! Thank sooooooo much for reading this! I really hope you're liking it so far!

Thanks for reading!

Comment, vote, share and follow!

Lots of love!

Always,
Ana