a confession

"Today was the best day ever!" Chaeyoung bounced on her toes while Lisa fished for the keys in her purse. "Unnie is so great."

"You were about to pass out when she finally told you to call her that," Lisa snickered.

They were arriving back at their dorm after a successful day at the studio with their newfound friend. Chaeyoung felt bad for constantly interrupting Lisa and Jungkook and had managed to convince Jisoo to let the couple have an evening alone together while they went out to Hongdae. Lisa was thankful and couldn't wait to see Jungkook and get rid of the doubts that Jieun had unintentionally given her.

"Unnie!" Lisa called out the moment they stepped in. Jisoo popped up, munching on seaweed snacks.

"How was working with IU?" she greeted them with a tight hug.

"Amazing," Chaeyoung breathed out dreamily. Lisa whacked her head.

"Stop it, your inner gay is showing."

Chaeyoung shrugged and stole some of Jisoo's snacks.

"Where's Gguk?"

"That brat? He's nearly falling asleep in your room waiting for you."

Lisa snorted. Jisoo always referred to Jungkook as "brat", "jerk", or "The Other", but everyone knew she secretly had a soft spot for the boy or she wouldn't have let him near Lisa after treating her like he had.

"I'll take a quick shower and we'll leave you alone," Chaeyoung hurried to her room.

"Don't do anything stupid, okay?" Jisoo warned her.

"I won't. Thanks, unnie!" Lisa hugged the older girl around the middle.

"You need to treat me to some chicken after this. Now go," Jisoo shooed her away after patting her head. Lisa grinned and skipped to her room to open the door quietly.

Jungkook was lying on her bed, looking like a child as he snored softly. Lisa wasted no time in snuggling in next to him, pressing her back against his chest. She felt him stir and wrap an arm around her waist. She thought he was sleeping again when he spoke suddenly.

"I missed you."

"I've missed you too. You sound so tired."

"I've been busy."

Lisa turned to face him with a small smile and played with his hair.

"How's IU?"

"Good," Lisa shifted slightly, wondering whether to tell him what was on her mind or not. "How's the comeback going?"

"Good. But let's not talk about that now," He smiled at her softly. "I found a place."

"Really?" Lisa's eyes lit up.

"It's close, near Tae and Jennie's house. I think you'll like it, I cleared my schedule tomorrow to go see it together."

"That's good," Lisa sighed happily. "Living together will be so nice."

"It will," he agreed. "I wanted to plan something for you today, doll. I'm really sorry, I barely had any time after practice-"

Lisa chuckled and cupped his face between her hands.

"Being here together is more than enough for me," she told him truthfully before leaning in to kiss him. He kissed back, wrapping his arms around her back. After a few moments they pulled away.

"What do you wanna do?" he rubbed his eyes and suppressed a long yawn. He had barely gotten any sleep in half a week.

"We can just stay here," Lisa murmured and snuggled her head in his chest.

"No Liz, we've been waiting for an afternoon together for months. Let's find something to do."

"But you're so tired," Lisa watched him get up.

"It's fine, you give me energy."

"Let's just watch a movie together then," she ignored his cheesiness, knowing that if they did he would fall asleep and finally rest. He needed it.

"You sure?" Jungkook's eyebrows knitted together. "We always end up doing that. Only that Jisoo noona keeps on barging in and accidentally spilling popcorn on me."

"Jennie was worse, so be thankful she's off with Tae oppa" Lisa giggled. "But really, I don't mind. It's nice, plus we can go on real dates once your comeback is over."

"Let's at least eat something. I'll heat up some noodles."

He got up and Lisa clung onto him. Chuckling, he placed an arm around her and they trudged to the kitchen together. It looked like Jisoo and Chaeyoung were already gone. Lisa opened the fridge and stocked up on snacks of all kinds before marching to the media room, where she lay them all out. Jungkook joined her not long after and she showed him her movie pick for the day with a giddy grin.

"Not another horror film," he groaned loudly.

"Aww, is Jungoo scared?" Lisa teased.

"No," he said stubbornly. She giggled and patted the spot next to her on the couch. He sat down and she wasted no time in cuddling next to him before starting the film.

They were halfway through when Lisa spoke up.

"Jungkook-ah."

"Yeah?"

"You won't leave me, right?" She fiddled with her fingers, not daring to look up at him.

Jungkook paused the movie and shifted to look at her, a frown creasing his forehead.

"Of course I won't. Why are you thinking this?"

Lisa shrugged, her vision suddenly becoming blurry.

"I don't know," she mumbled in a small voice. "This seems too...too perfect. Happy endings never last, do they?"

"I won't leave unless you need me to," he muttered, wiping off her tears gently. "You know I love you."

"What if those are just empty words? How am I supposed to know?" Lisa insisted.

"Trust me," Jungkook said, but regretted the words the minute they came out of his mouth. The only truth was that he'd never given her any real reason to trust him. Lisa seemed to be thinking the same, because she whimpered softly. Panic surged immediately in his chest.

"No, Lisa. Don't tell me we're doing this," he begged. "Look at me. Please tell me it's not too late."

"It's too early. I'm scared, Jungkook." 

"But I love you," he whispered. "You know that."

"Maybe you do. But you need to learn how to love. We both do."

He didn't answer and Lisa breathed shakily, cupping his face lovingly.

"Let's take a break, Jungkook."

Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating in 35689 billion years. I needed to figure out whether I was going to end the book there or add more drama ;) Plus I've been busy, but hopefully I will update more constantly from now on since I kinda know where this is going. Don't worry, it won't be a sad ending, I don't think I could deal with that. Also, thank you so so much for all of your votes and kind comments! I literally remember when I started writing this, I wrote a random little scenario, posted it, and suddenly people were voting on it! And now, 4K views?? What? Thank you so much, you are my angels. Take care, loves.