"The marketplace is just a few alleys away!" Boscha yelled back to Luz. "You're sure you know the way to plant-girls place from there, right?"

"Her name is Willow! And yeah, I know where I'm going from there!"

"Okay - What's the plan?"

Racking her brain for a second, Luz quickly formulated one. "Gus might have gone straight to Willows place since they live fairly close to one another - We swing by Willow place, see if either of them are there! If not, we go to Gus' place, and check there! I know the way from Willow's house!"

It wasn't much of an in depth plan, but it was a plan. Those were the only two places Luz could think to look. Everywhere else was as good a place as anywhere else for them to help defend alongside the rest of the militia. They'd have to check every point on the perimeter to find them after that, assuming that they were even there!

But it wasn't like Luz had any other idea what to do. This was better than nothing, right?

The Witch and the Human then burst out of the alleyway they had been running in, and into the marketplace. Just like everywhere else, it was like a battlefield.

Cherubim were attacking whatever Witches they could find, shooting beam after beam at those who were trying to fight back or get away. Dozens surrounded any one individual Witch, and they had to defend themselves with whatever weapons they had, whatever spell they knew, or whatever tools were available to them. Some handled the stress better than others. Others panicked.

They were the easiest targets.

Regardless, Luz took the lead, and they ran along the least crowded side of the marketplace, making a beeline for the direction Willows home was in. The occasional Cherubim tried to attack them, but Boscha's fireballs made quick work of them. Those that got too close, Luz would hammer with her baseball bat.

At one point in their path, a Witch had found himself cornered by a flock of the Cherubim, and he didn't seem to have any Magic left in him, exhausted as he was. All he had to defend himself was the lid of a dustbin he was trying to use for a shield, for the little good that it seemed to do him, and cut off from his group, he had little chance of getting out of it unscathed. He was just waiting for the Cherubim to charge up their Rays and shoot him.

Once she was close enough, Luz slapped a Fire Glyph onto her bat, and slammed it into the nearest Cherubim. The flames engulfed the creature, and spread out to burn away a couple of the others. Boscha cast several fireball spells as well, turning more of them into ashes. The rest scattered, trying to get a distance, or pick new targets.

Now free though, the Witch allowed himself to let out an exhale, and face the two girls who had saved him. "Th-Thank you. I thought they were gonna -"

A blue light suddenly slammed into him - A Cherubim from above had shot him with a Ray!

Boscha shot fireballs at the now retreating creature, and did eventually wipe hit it, but the damage had already been done. A yell of pain came from the Witch as he attempted to fight back against the influence.

To absolutely no avail. His resistance only lasted a few seconds.

Before, his eyes had been a dark shade of green. Now, they glowed a bright blue.

For a moment, his face was that of calm. He looked towards Luz, and then towards Boscha, but he seemed to not react at all - He had no frame of reference for either of them. There was nothing for him to say to them.

His gaze went over the marketplace though. In the middle of the marketplace, there was another male Witch, roughly his age, who seemed to be far better with hand-to-hand weapons than he had been.