Chapter 15: Talk

Y/N's P.O.V

-After Class-

"Hey guyssss? We're going to the washroom. We'll be back soon. Wait for us, okay?" With that, the two boys walked away, leaving us in the crowded cafeteria.
Eunha and I nibbled on our respective treats as we waited for Felix and Han to return.
"They left in a hurry. I wonder why." Eunha asked worried.
"Probably couldn't hold their waterfall in." I said gaining a small giggle from her.
A few seconds passed with us eating our biscuits.
She stood there awkwardly glancing at me with intervals. Something was clearly on her mind.
"What is it?" I put my hands down and waited for her to utter.
"N-Nothing. It's just..." Her stuttering gave away her nervousness and hesitancy.
"Just say it. Don't be afraid. It's just me around." I reassured her, wanting her to continue.
"It's just... I didn't know you guys were together. I'm so sorry. I wouldn't have laid my eyes on him if I knew you guys had something like that between you... I'm sorry, Y/N." Her face was tinted red, not sure if it were of embarrassment or guilt.

"Liking someone isn't a crime. You did nothing wrong. Please don't apologise for something like that. Besides, it's in the past. We're friends now." A small smile appeared on my face and my palm caressed her head.

"But I-"

"It's alright, Eunha. You like him right? Don't stop liking him." My words paralyzed me. I felt my heart ache and my knees feel weak, but... What did I have to lose?

"Why are you saying that? Don't you wish to get back together with him?" Her tiny figure looked up, her eyes like a puppy's.
"Eunha...do you know why we broke up?" My hands made their way to my pockets and a sigh escaped me.
"His feelings weren't the same anymore. Do you think we'll get back together?" I asked her genuinely but also mocking the idea of us. The sheer idea of us felt almost utopian... mostly because I was trying to move on and never wanted to expect anything like that happening.

"I don't think he does NOT like you. You see... I've been blind. I never saw his actions towards you. It was pretty obvious but I stayed oblivious to it. I can't say he doesn't feel anything towards you anymore, though." Her tiny hands set themselves on my shoulders and her eyes looked into mine. "Did you not notice anything?"

"Oh honey. I have noticed enough. Remember the time he ignored me for a week and stood me up on our assignment and did dumb shit? You think I would actually believe it? I wanna believe it but... I'm smart enough to listen to my brain here...and my brain says no." I gently took her hands off my shoulder and held them tightly.
"Don't you like him? Why don't you do something?"

"Y/N, no... Please don't say that. I know what you're feeling. Don't deny or hide it." She pleaded but I was firm on letting it not affect me.
"Honey. It's okay. Felix and I are over. If there were a chance of us getting back together, I wouldn't know what to do. It might be selfish of me, but please help me stay firm."

She looked down at her feet and stayed silent for a few seconds.
"I'm your friend before I'm his admirer...I'm not going to do anything that would just ruin everything between us. Girl code, you know?
She took a lock of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.
"Now, don't be stupid. I think you should-" her gazed suddenly moved quickly and she cut her sentence midway. We fixed our eyes and traced the movement of the duo approaching, holding hands.
"That's new. Guess they're getting along pretty well now. Cute."
.
.

"You're back! Did you guys go to build the washroom or what?" I couldn't help but tease them. "Tch tch tch."

"You guys took a while. Gimme my sanitizer." Eunha clapped and held out her hand to ask for said item while Han gave it back to her.
The sudden change of atmosphere felt good and friendly. Oh how I longed to feel this again.