Chapter 9: Rumours

Author's P.O.V

You all ran towards the classroom but all the while only one thought resonated in your mind.
Jiwon. Jiwon. I wonder who that is. Is it someone I know? Why did Felix suddenly shut Chan up? What did that mean?
You bounced back into reality as you sat down for your new lecture. Spawning your phone in your hands, you scrolled through instagram.
First name isn't enough to find her. You sighed to yourself, which your seat partner, Eunha, noticed.
"You look troubled. Do you want a cookie?" A cookie magically appeared in her hands and she offered it to you. No clue how she always has food to offer. Gladly accepting the cookie, you assured her, "Everything's okay. Don't worry." Eunha reluctantly accepted your reply.
The class started. "So hey, Felix is acting weird. I don't know what to do. He gave me a lot of attention at first, but now he just doesn't seem interested. Did I do something wrong?" Eunha asked, clearly sad, confused and asking for advice.
"Oh no, honey. I don't think you did. I'm not sure what is up with him either. Ask him, maybe? That's a way you can figure it out. Better to ask than assume stuff and jump to conclusions that distance you two even more, you know?" You patted her back, calming her down and encouraging her.
"I guess you're right. But it seems like he likes someone. But I'm not sure who. Do you know anything about that? He does keep looking at you. DO YOU HOLD HIS SECRET?" She doubted playfully.
"Ohhh no no no no. I have absolutely no clue about it." A sweat drop trickled down your face. You wiped it off quickly and nervously smiled to not let the other doubt anything, your heart beating faster every second.
"Alright. Cool cool." She sighed disappointedly and brought out chips from her bag and started munching on them. "Want some?" She asked politely.
"Just how much food do you carry?" You giggled, but asked curiously.
"Oh I wanna gain weight. I'm apparently underweight. I know this isn't healthy, but I want to gain a few pounds. And also I like eating and feeding my friends." She giggled and gave you a chocolate bar. "Cheer up."
You nodded your head pretending you totally understood her position, which you did. You had to eat a lot to gain your weight back as well after you stopped eating after your breakup with Felix. You looked at her with empathy . I'm sorry...
You accepted the chocolate because you obviously loved them and Eunha gave it to you. "Thanks, Eunha."
"Don't worry about that, Y/N. Let me know if anything is worrying you. I'm here to listen and help." She blew you a kiss and cringed at herself. You two just laughed and went back to stuffing and studying.

-Lunch Break-

Lunch break rolled in and you two started packing your bags to go to the cafeteria. Han shortly joined, his arms around Felix's neck, meaning he dragged him along. "Let's goooo. Sanwichhhhhesss." He jumped around excitedly because Eunha had sandwiches for all of you.

Walking to the cafeteria, a trio of girls approached you. "Hey, junior. We need to ask something." One of them called out.
"What is it?" Han asked before you could say anything.
"You." The tall long haired one pointed towards you. "Are you dating Bang Chan?" The girl crossed her arms and waited for a reply.
"Huh? Me? No no no. I'm not. Why did you ask?" You shook your head in denial. What the heck?
"Okay. Good. That's better." The three of them rolled their eyes and walked away.

"What. Was. That." You said wide eyed, with pauses after every word. Eunha shrugged her shoulders and pouted. "I have no clue."
"So yeahhh, this is what I was gonna tell you. There have been some stupid rumours about Chan and you dating." Han nervously smiled, as if he were the culprit behind it.

"Y/N and Chan are WHAT?" Felix suddenly raised his voice, accidentally grabbing everyone's attention. The way he said it just made everyone else at the cafeteria think Y/N and Chan were actually together. "Felixxxx calm down. Too loud." Eunha shushed him down, trying to keep everyone's head together.
"You're dating him? Chan? Really? When did this happen?" Felix bombarded you with questions. You could see the hurt through his eyes. Your gazes interlocked, you calmly answered,"We are not dating. We're just friends. I have no idea where this bullshit came from."
"I knew you weren't dating him. Or else one of us would have known, right?" Han nodded his head, expecting you to agree. "Y-yeah. I would have told you guys." You replied, feeling a soft yet piercing gaze attacking you.
"Well, it's whatever. Let's not pay too much attention to that. We know it's not true." You calmed everyone down to pacify the tense atmosphere. "It's not a big deal either way." Han felt his shoulders relax yet felt sad that you thought this wasn't a big deal to him. And for Felix, he was glad. Glad you weren't dating anyone.
'Y/N, I'm gonna do better. I'm sorry for leaving you. I did wrong. I should have never done that.' Felix thought to him and muttered "I'll make it up to you...", softly.
Han didn't know what to say. One thing was for sure that he had some feelings for you. They weren't the strongest, but he knew they would soon turn so.