Baby Shower

Chris POV

I have to make sure L doesn't find out about the baby shower. She deserves one like any other pregnant woman. I've been planning the shower in every detail of it. I know she'll be very happy about it.

"The blue ribbons will be great!".

"You think she'll like it?".

"Trust me when I say she'll love it".

"Okay you got it".

"Thanks".

My friends mother was the best at decorating she helped me put this shower together. I can't wait for L to be surprised. Let's just hope she's not too surprised to the point of her going into labor.

-------------

The day of the shower I felt nervous hoping everything worked out. I went by the venue to make sure things were in place.

The colors I chose were blue and yellow since we were having a boy. I just have to find a way to get her here.

I showed up at her apartment in my suit but I'm always in my suit so she won't suspect nothing.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?".

"I'm fine just wishing I was done being pregnant".

"I know but just one more month".

"Easy for you to say".

"Anyway I made reservations at this new restaurant and its formal wear".

"Well I do have this pink dress I was trying to wear with nowhere to go".

"Perfect then I'll pick you up later around 5".

"Okay"

"Be good" talking to my son.

-------------------

Hours later...

I opened her door and looked around to see her curling her hair in the mirror. She looked so beautiful, now I understand about the pregnancy glow.

"Hey baby ready?".

"Yeah I'm done" as she slowly gets up.

"Let's go I just have to stop at the warehouse really quick".

"Okay".

We drive and she doesn't suspect a thing. I smile to myself, I just conquered keeping this a surprise. After driving for 30 mins I pull up to the parking lot and get out.

"I'll be right back".

"Okay"

I go inside and see all of our friends and her family there smiling I give the cue that she's here. I dim the lights and walk back out.

"Baby I feel weird leaving you here by yourself plus I might take longer than expected".

"I mean we can put off this date for another time".

"No, no come on with me and then we'll be on our way".

"Fine" as I help her out the car.

I walk ahead of her walking inside, I try my best to cover where we're walking.

"Chris it's dark I can't see where I'm walking".

"Just hold my hand, baby I'll guide you".

"Okay, remember walk slow I have a big stomach".

"I know, I'll open these doors and you go right in".

"Okay" as she walks in.

"SURPRISE!!!".

"What the hell?".

"SURPRISE!!!".

The look on L's face was priceless. She covered her mouth and just was surprised. Her mother came and hugged her. She cried into her mother's chest.

"Mommy I haven't seen you in so long".

"I know honey, I miss you and I'm excited to be a grandma".

"Where's dad?".

"He's in the bathroom he'll be out in a few".

I put my arm around her waist and brought her close to me.

"Surprise baby!".

"I can't believe you hid this from me".

"It was tough but I was determined".

"Thank you" as we kissed.

----------------------

The shower was going as planned. L was enjoying herself that's all that matters.

It was time to open gifts, I guided her to her big white chair with ribbons all over it.

"Open this first".

She took the box and opened it to see a picture of the nursery.

"Oh my god, chris!. It's beautiful" as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

"I'm happy you like it".

"I love it!".

She continued to open gifts and smile everytime she saw what was given to her. I loved seeing her happy.

After all the gifts were open I ordered a car to take the gifts back to my house so tomorrow I can sort them out on the nursery.

I look at L and had one last surprise for her.

"Come here".

"What?".

"I wanted to say you look beautiful tonight. I'm happy to see you smile tonight. L you just make me very happy. Even when I'm at work I can't wait to see you. Now we're having a child it completes us. Greyson will be here soon and we'll be a family. You made my life complete. Now I just need you to have my last name. Would you marry me?" as I kneel down with the ring in my hand.

She looked down tears in her eyes and nods.

"Is that a yes?".

"Yes!"

I smile as I put the ring on her finger. Everyone cheered as we shared a kiss.

My new life starts now with the true love of my life.