Thanksgiving pt 2

London POV

As soon as you walked deeper into the house you smelled the sweet smells of pie. It smelled so good, I noticed all the foods being made. I walked into the hallway and seen all the pictures on the wall. I studied the pictures and seen a few of Chris when he was younger. I smiled to myself knowing how cute he was.

I snapped out of my thought when I seen Chris coming towards me...

"L, I've been looking for you".

"Why, what happened?".

"Nothing, just wanted to make sure you were comfortable".

"I'm fine, but why when your mother asked if I was your girlfriend you didn't correct her?".

"Well maybe I want you to be my girlfriend".

"Wishful thinking will not get you anywhere".

"It'll work soon enough, now let me introduce you to more family".

-----------------------

We walked into the living room where more relatives were talking amongst each other. Chris walked in and pulled me to his side.

"Everyone this is London".

"Hello" as I waved shyly.

(The room said my name in unison)

I noticed a heavy set man coming towards us. He smiled and patted Chris on the back with a quick wink.

"Chris, my favorite nephew you did good" as he looks at me.

"Uncle D thanks she's great".

"About time you get rid of that other one she was no good".

"She's still around, unfortunately".

"Well this young lady looks like sweet genuine human being" as he smiled at me.

"She is a very sweet beautiful young woman" as he squeezed my waist.

-------------------

I heard Chris mother yell for everyone to sit around the table so everyone can start to eat.

Chris looked at me and escorted me to the big table. He pulled my chair out and I gently sat down. He of course sat next to me and placed his hand on my thigh.

He whispered in my ear "if anyone asks you any question that make you uncomfortable then don't answer it, okay?". I nod and look away.

Everyone joined hands as his Mother said a quick prayer on being thankful. I look over to Chris who was smiling at me.

As the dishes were being passed around Chris mother looked over at me.

"London, Chris tells me your not from here?".

"No I'm from Atlanta, Georgia".

"What made you move up here?".

"Jobs were scarce down there, so I made a choice to move".

"What about your parents?".

"They wanted me to stay there but I knew that I had to move".

"Well good choice".

I smiled and looked away to my plate. I see a familiar hand on my thigh. I secretly smiled to myself.

As we were finishing up I was stuffed. I'm surprised there was so much food. Chris mother offered to wrap up some food to take home but I declined.

It was getting late and I had work in the morning. Chris looked over at me and said "in five minutes we'll leave". I nod sleepily and put my head down.

--------------------

Chris POV

I was so happy L came by my family house for thanksgiving. I mean I talk about her a lot so now they can put a face to the name.

I could stare at L all day. I watched her as she dosed off to sleep. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see my mother smiling.

"She must be so tired".

"Yeah, all the food she ate".

"She's a good person Chris I like her".

"Me too, I love her actually".

"Well go for what you love, don't let it slip away".

"I'm trying my hardest, but she'll soon be mine.

My mother smiled once more and walked away. I decided to let L get the day off tomorrow. I picked her up bridal style and brought her to my old room. Why drive back tonight, I aid next to her and while holding her tight I drifted off to sleep.