First Day Back

London POV

Feeling like myself again after being sick. I caught a very severe infection which doctors hadn't seen a case of it in years. So I was hospitalized for a whole month. It was one of the toughest things I had to face. I lost about 40lbs from that hospital food it was disgusting. The weight loss did me some good I got more curvy in the right places.

I miss working I'm so happy to be back. I heard the train driver announce that this stop was 69th street. I got out and walked up the escalator, I wanted Starbucks so bad I craved it. I waited in line I knew I was going to be late but I didn't care.

Sipping on my pumpkin latte I was in my own world until I approached my jobs building. I sighed and walked in, my bosses brother waved at me. I smiled and said "what I miss?". He sipped his coffee and said "nothin really just my brother going crazy, he was worried about you". I rolled my eyes and said "he doesn't know the word worry". We both laughed loudly.

I took the elevator to the top floor and saw everyone working. I saw my bosses door open, I knocked once he turned to look at me.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chris POV

I missed L like crazy she was one of my best workers. Without her guiding everyone in the right directions everything has been going wrong.

I remember the day she got sick. I thought she was joking around but when she started crying from the pain I knew she was serious. She called her sister to pick her up and that's the last time I saw her.

I was worried about her, I remember calling her once when she was in the hospital. She sounded so sick I couldn't bare the thought. But to know she was alive that's all I needed.

When she called me to let me know she was okay to work again I was so happy. I missed her jokes, her honesty, her attitude.

I heard the knock as I was on the phone I turned to look and saw her. God she looked good as ever, So refreshed. she lost weight as well so her curves were showing much more now. Her hair was wavy but flowing down her back. I hanged up the phone quickly.

"Are you sure you're okay?". I just gazed at her with excitement.

"I'm fine now but thanks for asking" as I smiled big.

"Well that's good I have to say I missed you alot".

"Aww, Chris your going to make me blush, plus you had Vivian covering me"

"Vivian is a lost cause she's the reason that this office is upside down".

"Well I'm here now so everything will be smooth" as I laughed.

"Welcome Back L, oh by the way I moved your desk" as I got up.

"And where exactly did you move my desk?".

"Well I figured you help me more than anyone so I moved your desk over here next to me" as I pointed to her desk.

"Wonderful I'll be with you 12 hours everyday, can't wait" sarcastically speaking.

"There's that attitude that I missed, anyway if you want you can just get yourself back in action"

"I guess I'll do that" as I sipped my pumpkin latte.

"Oh one last thing, why were you late?".

"Because Starbucks workers can't make drinks fast enough" as I hold up my cup.

"Well let's not make it a habit please" as I winked at her.