Please, go back. This is not your quest, nor is it your responsibility. I know that you have already faced many dangers on your journey, though I do not know the extent, and I can only suggest you turn away before things get worse. There is nothing more you have to prove.

          Stay safe. For me, and for your mother. It is all I ask.

Hades.

(Y/N) growls after reading the letter aloud, the flame in her hand growing slightly larger. She extinguishes it, turning on the lamp again and muttering, "'I have something to prove', who the fuck does he think I am?"

"Well, do you?" Annabeth asks, "To him?"

"No!"

"Your mom?"

"No."

"Yourself?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then he just doesn't know that. He isn't sure of your reason for being with us, so he made the assumption," Percy offers, and (Y/N)'s frustration dies down, only slightly.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Well, what are you going to do?" Grover asks, and (Y/N) folds up the letter, stuffing it into the envelope.

"You seriously think I'm going to turn back?"

"But what about the danger?" Percy asks, referencing the message.

(Y/N) chuckles, "He said I would be in danger if I arrived at the Underworld with the lightning thief. You're not the lightning thief, therefore, there's not gonna be any danger."

(Y/N) tosses the envelope like a frisbee to the other corner of the room, "We should probably get some more rest in the few hours we have. We'll set out for the Underworld at ten."

The next day, the four drive to the Hollywood sign, taking into account the darkness outside, worry filling them since it hasn't even reached noon. (Y/N) looks up outside the passenger window, concern running through her at the sight of the approaching storm cloud and gusts of wind in the distance. "We'd better hope to all the gods that we can get your mom back in time," she mutters to Percy, who simply clenches and unclenches his fist in anticipation. As if to strengthen her point, the news on the radio switches its focus.

"And now, the latest breaking news from KZLY. An unprecedented storm cloud has started moving to shadow North America. Reports predict it will keep growing, soon to cover most of the continent. Authorities in several states are preparing for evacuations regarding what will most likely be severe weather conditions."

(Y/N) reaches over, switching off the radio as Grover parks the car. The four grab their bags and get out, walking towards the hiking path to the sign. "Hold on," (Y/N) instructs, commanding four large roots to grow down from the cliff face to where they stand. She tightens the double sword belt on her waist before stepping forward and looking expectantly at her friends. They each grab a root tightly, not wanting to fall as they are pulled up along the cliff. The teenagers let go, landing on the path where the Hollywood sign resides, and the roots disappear back into the earth.

Not wanting to waste a second, they start jogging over to the very first letter, (Y/N) leading the way and pointing out loose areas of ground. "Don't slip. Watch your step," she points out to the three behind her as they pass a very narrow stretch of the path. Grover stumbles, his hoof falling onto a weak spot and making him lose his balance. (Y/N) whips around, moving at top speed to reach him. He exclaims in fear as he starts to fall down, his arms flailing wildly.