Chapter 45: Ends Meet

Start from the beginning

"Water..", I mumble, as my voice is all croaky.

Adrian helps me up and I drink a little water. Once I put down the glass Adrian kisses my hand.

"How are you?"

I nod still feeling a little tired, but give him a smile anyway, Adrian kisses my forehead as he moves forward and comes beside me in bed. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"God... Ailey you scared me... I am not letting you out of my sight ever again... you hear me... NEVER... I can't f—ing live without you Mia Bella... I love you... so f—ing much!" He holds me close and rests his head on my chest. I slowly run my fingers in his hair. I still can't believe that I am this close to him again.

He pulls my body closer as he puts his head on my chest.

"Never again Ailey... never again". He keeps on murmuring. I smile and look down at him. There are bags under his eyes, a bruise has formed on his left eye and his lip is also cut. I run my fingers on it and Adrian opens his eyes and looks at me, I can see the pain in his eyes, all raw and fresh.

And it all comes rushing back to me; Cade kidnapping me, hurting me, violating me and, Emma! Flashbacks of the horrors I had encountered blur my vision and then fear consumes me. I feel like the walls are closing in on me and I can't move. My immobility or the overflowing tears might have made Adrian look up.

He holds me in his arms as I cry out. Holding my face in his hands he soothes me but I can't stop over the brokenness that has taken over me.

"Ailey I am so sorry for everything you had to go through".

"I am sorry.... I tried to... but he.... Cade.... he.... I am so sorry".

"Stop! It's not your fault my love, its not your fault".
I hold on to him. He keeps murmuring apologies between kisses. Moving a little back, he looks me in the eye, holding my face in his hands so delicately, as if he didn't I might break.

"Adrian... I never thought I would see you again". I murmur between my sobs.

"Shhh... its all over now baby".

Baby. BABY!!! My child! Adrian and I are going to parents. Oh God what if! I wanted my child to be okay no matter what. I wouldn't live a day, if something happened to my unborn child.

I look at him with complete horror and fear evident in my eyes. Adrian understands my looks and nods with assurance.

"I'll call the doctor. It's going to be okay Mia Bella".

~A Few Hours Later~

Dr. Gwen is middle aged doctor in her early forties. She kindly prepares the equipments for my first ultrasound and I feel my heart race with anticipation. I just want my child to be okay. Adrian holds my hand and runs small circles on it with his calloused fingers. I look up him and see his beautiful face covered in bruises. His lower lip is cut and there is a small bruise formed on his temple. It makes my heart break to see how much we went through and that too thanks to Emma.

"Well, Mr. and Mrs. Vittorio, say hello to your little one, let me just adjust this so you can hear the heartbeat... you're baby is fine".

Tears well up in my eyes as I look at the small screen, which shows my baby's heartbeat. So small, like a little pea. Just like that a new life begins, a true miracle isn't it? I look up at Adrian who has tears glistening in his eyes. He kisses my forehead with a smile breaking on his lips.

"You are beautiful Ailey. Beyond beautiful. I love you so much Mia Bella".

"I love you too Adrian".

Dr. Gwen leaves us for a while and we look at the copies of our little bundle of joy. Life seems full and complete but there is still too much to go over. It's a true miracle to see that our child survived the trauma that we went through. Not only was my little pea able to survive but he managed to stay strong. I could tell he would be strong spirited person.
Regardless, I knew we would love our little pea no matter what!

Back in my room, Adrian sits with me. He runs small circles on my hand with his thumb. I look up at him. His eyes don't leave mine. After my persistence he had finally gotten his lip cut and bruises treated.

I nudge him closer and he lies down with me. I run my hand on his face and he softly kisses my fingers.

"I thought I had lost you Mia Bella... before anything.... before I could've cherished you.... given you the love... the respect... the adoration and so much more that you deserve....I".

"Adrian.." I try to shush him to which he places a finger to my lips.

"Mia Bella let me speak... I have to make ends meet... to tell you how sorry and regretful I am for the harsh things I did to you". He pleads as I feel tears again gathering in my eyes.

"Since the day I first saw you, I tried to avoid you. Your presence made my heart skip a beat, I would get lost in your innocent brown eyes, but I felt guarded, I hated what you did to me or the control you had on me, so pure, so naive, it felt good to be around you, but I was scared, that I might scar you, simply like I scarred everyone else in my life; so started to put on a cold demeanour, so that you would leave me on your own".

Adrian looks so heartbroken that I just want to hold him, kiss him, make his heartache better.

"But... Ailey... everything I said to hurt you was a lie... every time I tried to create a distance... your beautiful innocent eyes would seep into my soul deeper... I couldn't stay away from you even I tried... I fell in love with you... with every moment that passed by... because you... Ailey Vittorio... are the most amazing and beautiful woman I have ever met..and I promise to cherish my Rose Mia Bella... for the rest of my life".

I let go of the breath I had unknowingly been holding in. Oh Adrian, you beautiful broken soul! I pull my husband close and kiss him. He holds me delicately and kisses me with so much love and passion that I melt completely in his arms.

Someone enters the room and coughs uncomfortably. We break apart to see a nurse with a writing pad in her hand standing there awkwardly. This makes me blush and I hide my face under my hair.
Adrian holds my chin and gazes in my eyes.

"This isn't over Mia Bella.." he winks and I blush another shade of red, while a  smile falls on my lips.

Well! I hope you guys like the chapter. Also I might be adding one or two more chapters till the Epilogue. Until then! Ciao