30[Kinta Fujiyama]

I search everywhere and I don't see her. I have promised myself never to have anything to do with Luna because I know how ,much I have hurt her. But no matter what I do, where I am, she never seems to leave my mind.

I leave the school garden to run to the top pf the school. Ryota has already told me about what Elsa did to Luna back in class. I look everywhere she usually spends her time alone, but see nobody. Her bag is still in the class so she should be somewhere in school still.

All of a sudden, I see Elsa impatiently running out of the swimming gym. She looks frightened. She sees me and fixes a smile. Something is wrong.

"Elsa, where is she?" I grab her arm and ask coldly. She stares at me as though she does not understand my Japanese.

"Who is 'she'?" She asks playing dumb. She soon throws my hand away and runs back upstairs. I feel strange so I quickly run into the swimming gym. It is empty and very quiet. Why was Elsa here? Why was she in a rush?

I look around thoroughly and find a pair of school shoes at the end of the pool. Someone is in the pool. I jump right into the pool and begin swimming. The water feels a bit warm. As I swim, I spot Luna drowning. I swim to her and grab her hand. I pull her body to get her face out of the water. I carry her out of the pool and lie her down on the ground.

"Luna!Luna!Wake up!" I press her stomach and her chest for about a minute. I was never serious during my first aid class back in middle school so I have no idea what to do. She abruptly coughs out a lot of water. Her lips look darker and her eyes, ill.

"What is wrong with you Luna! Why were you in the pool!" I shout at her. She stares at me astonished. I then squat by her and say "I'm talking to you Luna"

"It's none of your business! I was going to die! I was meant to die maybe, but who cares?" She tries to get herself up but I push her back to the floor and squat on top of her.

"You are insane! If you die, what am I supposed to do huh? My life has always been meaningless til you came in. I've always liked you since elementary school. You used to pass by me with your dad every night. I never had the courage to talk to you. I was that timid. Middle school, you disappeared and I thought that was the end of my secret crush on you. But I found you. . In that apartment, when you were changing into a shorter uniform, and I just couldn't stay away any longer"

"Wait, that card? You were the one? You were the one there on the first day of school?"

I nod and continue, "I've always liked you. I once was in a relationship with Elsa, but that was before you came back in my life. Now and forever, you'll always be the one in my heart Luna. I am willing to do everything and anything to protect you"

"..but you, you're getting married to her" she responds.

"No, I'm not. I'm not marrying her. I feel nothing for her. You are the only one I want to marry and be with for the rest of my life. The night I took you to the party, I wanted to officially introduce you to everyone as the one I am into and not Elsa. Before I could do anything, Elsa went ahead to hurt your feelings. I am so sorry Luna. But I promise that from now on, I am going to make you happy. I'll protect you and stay by your side forever. Please give me a chance Luna"

I see tears in her eyes. She is silently staring at me.

"Luna, I.. I love you" I put my lips closer to hers while she shuts her eyes. Slowly, my lips smash against hers. I carry her in my arms and walk out of the swimming gym. Both of us wet, we head to the school clinic and change into dry clothes.

While our uniforms get dried, Luna and I stay in the school clinic and converse. It has been so long since last I laughed this hard. Seeing Luna smile makes my heart skip. She is beautiful.

Ryota, together with Honoka and Kyoka come by the clinic with our bags during closing. On our way back home, all five of us stops at a cafe and get some deserts. Luna looks happier than she has ever looked before. Honoka and Kyoka live far from the school, so we separate at the station. Ryota, Luna and I walk to a park.

"Hey Luna, remember this park?". At the old park, Ryota stops walking and asks. I nod and smile at Luna who is looking around the park peacefully.

"Yes I do, man. Luna, this is the park that got me crushing on you" I face Luna. She stares at me blinking.

"What? How?" She asks.

"We were in third grade. There was a summer festival in this park and we saw you pass by with your sister. Well, I never knew you were that girl Kinta always crushed on til we got in the same class. Honoka was with us too" Ryota tells Luna.

Smiling, she faces me and asks "really?". I hold her hand tightly and lead her to swing.

"You were so cute, with a cotton candy in your hand. I was chasing you with my eyes and saw that you were just following your sister. She had your hand in hers real tight. Just like this" I say and take her hand in mine closer to my chest. Staring at her, I remain silent.

"I feel your heartbeat" She says to me.

"Hey Luna? Honoka, Kyoka, Kinta and I will always be there for you. You have my word girl. So when you're having issues, don't keep them to yourself. Open up to us". Ryota taps Luna's shoulders and says to her. I see tears filled in her eyes. She looks up and smiles. Bringing me and Ryota closer to her, she gives us a tight hug. She smells so good.

"I've never been happier. I love you all so much" She shouts in joy. Ryota and I smile at each other and to Luna. We walk to Luna's house and watch over her while she sneaks into the room quietly. As soon as she gives us an 'ok' sign, we leave.

"Man, I'm really happy for you two" while walking to our homes, Ryota mentions.

"And I'm happy for you and Kyoka too" I reply. He giggles and shows me his middle finger. We laugh it off and separate at the crossroad.

I reach home at seven-thirty. I enter into the house and find Elsa sitting at the dining table with Mom. I frown and greet mom.

"Kinta, where were you? Elsa came home long ago and you at eight?Have you forgotten you are a candidate?" Mom makes a fuss.

"I went out with Ryota and Honoka. It's not even eight yet" I respond while walking up the stairs. I stop and run back downstairs.

"Elsa, come upstairs. I want to talk to you in private" I glare at her.

"Kinta, I'm not done talking to you!" Mom shouts and I turn over.

"Mom, what do you want to tell me? To marry Elsa? To remind me of the entrance exam I won't even write? What Mom? Is it something I've not heard from you?"

"Say no more! Kinta I am sick and tired of your selfishness! Respect me a little!"

Mom yells and I do same. "And your son is sick of you and dad constantly deciding hoe I should live my own damn life!" I run up to my room as soon as I was done talking.

In a few seconds, I hear a knock at the door. I immediately open and obviously see Elsa standing. I grab her arm and pull her into the room.

"I'm going to ask you just once. Did you do anything to Luna in the swimming gym?"

She giggles and gives me a glare. "If I did, what?You two are now love birds huh?"She gets on my nerves to the extent that I grab her by the neck but immediately leave her.

"if you ever get close to her, I am not going to forgive you Elsa. Stay away from her!" I shout at her.

"You two are done! Just watch me destroy you Kinta" She walks out of the room and bangs the door. Then at the same time, I get a text from Honoka. She sends me a video of Elsa drowning Luna in the swimming gym.

The text says

"I'm sorry I didn't show you earlier. When I took this video, I was dying to help Luna but you know I can't swim. By the time Elsa left and I reached the pool. Luna had completely drowned. So I went to look for help. But on my way, I saw you running into the swimming gym so I knew that she'd be alright. I'm really sorry Kinta. But don't use this video yet. Use it when things get really tough. This is our only weapon against Elsa"

"That bitch!" I murmur but overcome the anger and go to bed instead of doing anything crazy.