34[Kinta Fujiyama]

Luna decides to take a break from school until she gives birth. The estimated Labour day is 15th February and we ought to stay as safe as we can for the child and Luna. Mom and Dad never seem to stop yelling and complaining whenever I tell them that Luna and I are keeping the baby. Luna is six months pregnant and the media has been writing stories about Fujiyama company and their only son. Newspapers and magazines are reporting that Fujiyama Company's only son has impregnated a girl from the same school. That is a fact except that they concluded that I was denying to be the father of the baby.

Mom has begun talking about leaving Japan to stay in the United States. She wants me to continue high school there and start my life over. They know that I will disagree but they still try to persuade me. There is no way I would leave Luna here with the baby just because my parents say so, no way.

At 9pm, I sneak out of my room and run to the old apartment where Luna stays alone. We spend the night together and I report to school the next morning without her. Honoka stays at the apartment with Luna and leaves as soon as I come back. None of us feels safe leaving Luna alone at the apartment so we try as much as we can to have someone with her every minute. Luna communicates with her mother through phone calls and FaceTime but never returns home.

One afternoon, Ryota and I walk home from school giggling and fooling with each other about the kind of parents Luna and I were going to be. Abruptly, Luna's father shows up from nowhere and confronts me. He punches me mercilessly speaking some language I can barely understand. Ryota tries to stop him but Luna's father throws him onto the ground and continues attacking me. I don't lift a finger. If this is a way to protect Luna, I will endure any pain.

"Where is she!? Where did you take my daughter, you little fool!" He yells. I spit and tell him "I won't tell you. I'm not letting you hurt her anymore!". I throw his hands off my shirt while Ryota walks up to Luna's father saying that he is calling the police. Luna's father gives us a fierce glare.

"You think you can have that child huh? I am going to kill the child with my barehands, just watch me. You will regret ever messing our family up you bastard. I'm going to kill that baby!"

"Hey, shut up! Don't talk about our child ! I'll never let you near Luna or the baby, no matter what" I grab his shir and shout. He throws my hand and tells me "you'll see". He walks away immediately after, leaving us to hurry back to Ryota's house instead. We call Honoka and Kyoka who are currently looking after Luna, to find out if everything was okay.

"Honoka, please don't get out of the apartment for a few hours okay? All of you! I'm coming there with Ryota in the night so till then take care of Luna" I quickly tell her on the phone.

"Okay okay I got you Kinta. She has a mild fever right now so she's asleep. I'll sleep over tonight you don't need to come here if there's something going on. I will be here with her"

My heart skips. "Fever? Is she alright ?"

"She's okay. Give her sometime Kinta. She's pregnant and she's going through the hardest time right now. You need to give her a break from all these scary warnings and pressure, bro"
"I got you, just give me a call if anything happens. Honoka, I really appreciate your support, thanks a lot home girl"
"Take care", Honoka hangs up the phone.

Luna's father might follow us tot he apartment if we step out of Ryota's house. Ryota suggests that I spend the night at his place for safety. As the morning shows I pack my bags and walk back home. As soon as I enter my room, I catch mom packing my stuff into the suitcase.

"Mom what are you doing!" I take her hands off my suitcase and ask.

"We are leaving Kinta, hurry up! We can't stay in Japan anymore, we are going to America today. I got your passport here some..."
"Mom stop it ! Stop this bullshit already. How many times did I tell you and dad that I am not going anywhere with you? I am not leaving!" I throw the suitcases away.
"Kinta, Kinta please listen to me, please. We have to run, you can't be a father right now. A father of a child? Kinta you are only 17! She's just a muslim girl with a crazy pathetic father! Please, Kinta. You're our only son" Mom cries weakly and breakdown on the floor. I hold her hands softly and murmur to her.
"Mom... Look at me. I'm a man now. I love Luna. I am willing and desperate to stay with her for the rest of my life. My entire life, I allowed you and dad to control everything and do everything your way. But this time, I really really can't let you take her away from me. I have to stay with her Mom.. I'm sorry but I have to, I want to." I wipe Mom's tears off her cheeks and continue talking.
"hey.. you and dad can go. I will be alright here on my own."

She stares at me miserably and grabs my arms. "NO, no Kinta please listen to me.. I'm your mother. Before she gives birth, we have to leave okay? Please I beg you Kinta..." her breath smells like beer. She has been drinking.

"Mom.. you're drunk. Get some rest" I tap her back calmly and walk out of the house. I can hear mom crying out my name but I never turn back. I have a destination and that is Luna. I have missed her so much since it's been a bit long since I last saw her. I reach the apartment and unlock the room. Honoka is asleep on the couch while Kyoka lies on the floor. There she was, the mother of my child with an enlarged stomach asleep peacefully in the bedroom. As soon as I kiss her forehead, Luna opens her eyes. "Look at you, Kinta" she whispers and wraps her arms around my neck.

"Hey.. what happened to your face?" She asks about the bruises I got from her father's beatings. I shake my head and say "nothing" . All of a sudden, I feel warm fluid dripping down my face. Tears. I have no idea why tears are rolling down my cheeks, but one thing I know for sure is that I love this girl and it pains me to death witnessing how hard it is for regular kids like us to just be in love. We asked for nothing but just a peaceful life, but Luna keeps getting hurt and I seem unable to do anything about it. So I am hurt and emotionally unstable. I just wish to run far away with Luna and never return.

"Kinta, are you okay?" Luna asks worriedly but I smile and touch her forehead. "You have fever?"

Luna rubs her stomach happily and say "the baby keeps kicking my stomach, baby daddy". I kiss her stomach and then her lips. "When are you going to the hospital?" I ask. "Tomorrow. You'll come with me?" She asks excitedly and I nod. "Of course"

Honoka and Kyoka wakes up and enter the bedroom looking exhausted and sleepy. "Thank you so much for spending the night with her" I wink at them and they chuckle. "We're friends, what are you thanking us for" Kyoka responds. Honoka sits beside Luna and whisper to her stomach, "hurry up and come out little baby, we can't wait to see you!" We all laugh and rub her stomach.