29[Luna Malik]

School days continue terribly. Lonely and miserable. Nobody even talks to me. Honoka and Kyoka sometimes talk to me but just for a short period of time. Kinta continues to spend time with Elsa while none of his friends mentions his name while with me. I like it that way.

Kinta does not even look at me in class, neither do we say a word to each other. The pain in my heart is unbearable but I endure and continue to be present at school. Elsa keeps giving me awkward looks every time I pass by.

 Elsa has been talking bad things about me behind my back to a lot of people in the school.

"I heard Luna Malik acts antisocial but is actually a dirty flirt. I'll never let her take Kinta from me" 

Again, I overhear Elsa whisper to her friends about me.

I raise my arm in the middle of the class to get the mathematics teacher's attention.

"What's the matter, Malik?" the teacher stops teaching and asks.

"Sir, can I change my seat?" I respond to his question.

He frowns and says "hm, but it's not yet change of seats period. Be patient and manage till beginning of next term, okay"

I shake my head lightly  and explain myself better.

"No Sir. My eyes aren't good, so I struggle a lot when reading things written on the white board nowadays. I just want to have Elsa's seat and she can have mine".

I glare at Elsa and she glares right back at me.

"Oh that's too bad. Nakada, are you okay with it?" The teacher asks.

"Well what can I do Sir? Sometimes we just have to listen to selfish people"She responds while packing out the books under the desk

"Well what can I do Sir? Sometimes we just have to listen to selfish people"She responds while packing out the books under the desk. I smirk and do same. 

We both get up and walk towards each other. I give her a glare one last time before walking away but she pulls my arm and yells. 

"Excuse me girl, what's that look?" The books I had in my arms fall on the floor. I ignore her and pick them up.

"Hey I'm talking to you! Can't you say thank you?" She pulls my school shirt this time.

"Ew! You have these ugly marks on your body!" She leaves my shirt as soon as she sees the bruises on chest. The bruises I got from Dad, Aunts and Uncles' beatings. I look away as though I heard nothing and sit right next to Ryota. Tears roll down my cheeks but I quickly wipe them off.

"Enough! Nakada, keep quiet and have your seat!" The teacher warns Elsa. 

"But Sir! That is insane! She has these stuff on her body.."

"Elsa just sit your ass down!" Ryota shuts her up and she finally quits talking. 

I don't know where Kinta is, but his bag is right next to his seat so he is probably skipping class. If he was around, I know he would defend me throughout this painful drama with Elsa. 

During break, I head to the swimming gym. I used to swim a lot with Ashra during elementary school but stopped in middle school because of Dad. 

The swimming gym is empty and quiet

The swimming gym is empty and quiet. Nobody around to say anything to me. I walk around the pool and stare at it. It's been long, I wish to just jump in it. 

What is stopping me? 

I remove my shoes and jump into the water. It feels so good and safe, nostalgic and lonely. The water surrounds me as though it is protecting me.  I swim through it til I reach a level where my legs don't reach the ground. I swing my arms trying stay above the water.

 I swing my arms trying stay above the water

All of a sudden, I run out of breath. It gets so hard for me to breathe and my hearts begins to pound faster and faster. I swim uneasily to the end of the pool where my shoes are. My body refuses to move the way I want it to move. My vision becomes  blur but I see a girl in the uniform walks closer to the pool. 

"Help me! Please help me!" Breathing heavily, I use my last strength to cry for help. I can't see the girl's face. I feel paranoid and my face keeps getting in and out of the water. I manage to swim to the end of the pool. I can not see her face, but I can see that she is right before me and facing my way. My sight is still blur. She brings out her hand, I try to hold it. 

Abruptly, she pushes me into the water. I find it difficult to breathe again. I push back but the girl's hands are strongly keeping my head under the water. In the water, my vision completely gets unclearer and my lung feels like it is about to explode. 

Soon, I see and feel nothing at all.