3.1

[A/N] Someone (@EPIC_GLEEK, my younger sibling apparently) mentioned that they were just going to picture Julien as Grant Gustin and honestly that's already more than I could've came up with, so thanks for that. If you need a visual, here you go ^^^ As always, enjoy, and, much love,

chantivera 🖤

•••

Today, as I minded my own business in the corner of the stoner pit, something miraculous happened.

God forbid, a jock walked by.

I laughed to myself, watching everyone eye him intensely.

It was then I knew this guy was for real. He smiled awkwardly at everyone watching him as he passed by. But he smiled for real when he got to me. "Hey, Jeremy."

"Good to know you remembered my name." I told him.

"I- well, of course."

"Alright, for real though, why are you risking your entire reputation to come talk to me?"

"Do I need a reason to see you?"

"I suppose not."

"Well... I actually did want to ask you something."

"Oh?" My mind immediately thought he'd ask something about Tyler. Had Tyler maybe said something to him? Had he found out I kind of lied about his relationship with Caroline? How close are they really? Maybe he'd witnessed me leaving him the other day?

But no, of course not. I'm so paranoïd. "Could I... have your number?"

It was so simple. So unoriginal. So overused. But it made me so damn happy, just knowing he was thinking about me... I stuck out my hand and he handed me his phone. I bit my lip lightly, putting my number in, thinking how stupid I was for enjoying this so much. He's so cute.

It's such a mundane action, but it's so human. So refreshing.

"...Thanks," he smiled.

"No problem. That random stranger might be quite confused when you call though." I smiled back jokingly.

He looked at me in disbelief and typed in a text message. I laughed and his expression quickly turned into a triumphant smile when my phone went off.

I grabbed it to see what he sent. "Wanna go out again tonight?"

I grinned. "Alright."

He sounded so adorably hopeful. "Really?"

I shrugged with a little grin. "Maybe."

He smiled. "Maybe was yes last time. I'll take it. I'll text you later, okay?"

"Okay."

There was an awkward moment as he looked around to see a bunch of stoners looking at him, but then he looked back at me. Seeming confused as to what to do now, he just muttered, "Bye, Jeremy."

"Bye, Julien."

He walked off and I proceeded to sketch a scene where something was so obviously out of place, inspired by the jock in the stoner pit (and me with all the supernaturals in Mystic Falls, in a way) all while ignoring the couple people who were still staring at me for some reason.

That's how you find out who needs a life. Like, come on- there was nothing to see.

Anyway, I should check for messages from Julien.

Jeremy Gilbert