3.28

I feel like Bella Swan. (Yeah, I've seen Twilight, and I liked it. What are you going to do about it?)

Charlotte's- or my, I guess, still have to get used to that- room has this beautiful bay window, with a big leafy oak tree right in front of it. Kol climbs it and parcours to the window like he's Edward Cullen to come see me everyday, even when I laugh and tell him he can use the door- my host family members have met him, and they think he's a great guy and a good friend (ha-ha.) But he just smiles and says, "But isn't this so much more thrilling?"

I'll chuckle and kiss him as he brings his legs up over the ledge, and he'll tell me about his day and I'll tell him about mine. I managed to get on the baseball team- even though I'm pretty sure the only reason I did is because Carson and the other team members are my friends, and they like me, not because I'm any good- and Kol was very proud. (Of himself, for "teaching me everything I knew," of course.)

But it's been good for me to get the exercise. Drills and practices are hard but it's been paying off. I've been bulking up in muscle and I look pretty damn good, too.

I get invited to parties by my popular jock friends and get flirted with a healthy amount. I'm the new kid, and that seems to intrigue a lot of people. I must seem dark and mysterious or something. It's flattering and boosts my self-esteem (which is needed), but I do make it known I'm taken. Kol is wonderful, and I'm not ready to give him up yet, not when he's the one person that makes me feel most like myself.

I'll write again, I guess, when I have something interesting to report.

Forever Yours, (Faithfully)

Jeremy Gilbert

P.S I'm proud of myself for coming up with that closing line- I think it's cute and clever. I have this vague memory of it being my mom's favorite song as well.

•••

[A/N] WOW. I'M ALIVE. AND I UPDATED? IMAGINE!

Well, I'm proud of myself for getting this done. I'm hoping to be able to pick this story back up again and update more often than I have been... I think it's been months. But I do have a good idea of the things coming up in the plot, so I should be okay!

Lastly, I love you all, I hope you enjoyed, and,

Much love,

Chantivera 🖤

(I haven't written that in so long 😭)