{31}

Chapter 31: (Olivia's POV)

We were about 40-45 minutes in when Mr. Thomas found us again. "We're starting to dance, you must join us, come on, come, come," he said excitedly, pushing both Ethan and me towards the dance floor. "It's a simple routine, your partners shall switch every 5 minutes, that's all. Spin her clockwise," he said before leaving, tending to his wife. 

Ethan and I looked at each other. "Don't spin me clockwise," I said, taking a step closer to him. 

"I'll try. It might be hard though, considering Mr. Thomas gets you next," he mumbled, flashing Mr. Thomas, a smile who stood to my right, Ethan's left. "I don't see them here anyway," he said, putting his arms around my waist as the music started playing. I put my arms around his neck. 

He pulled one arm back and grabbed my hand in his. It's like a ballroom waltz. 

"As far as we know they may not even be here. Daniel's parents aren't friends with this crowd, so he probably isn't. At least," he said, looking down at me. 

"And Justin?" I asked. 

"It's about time we had that fight," he said while looking around the room. I sighed, taking a step closer to him. 5 minutes can only last so long. "Good luck," he whispered, pecking my lips before spinning me clockwise, and dropping my hand. 

Mr. Thomas grabbed my hand next and I followed through the same routine with him. "I must say, Olivia, you two make a very lovely couple," he complimented. 

"Thank you," I smiled in response. 

"Do you love him?" he asked. 

"I do," I nodded. 

"And does he love you?" he smiled. 

"Yes, he does," I replied. 

"Good. It's rare to find relationships like yours nowadays. I'm glad you've got him," he said before spinning me around. 

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath when someone caught me and pulled me closer. I hesitantly opened my eyes and looked up. 

Blue. Blue eyes. Blond. Blond hair. 

"Hey, Liv," he smirked. 

Daniel. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning to look at Ethan who scanned the crowd, his eyes settling on me, then he spotted Daniel. He raised his eyebrows at me as if he were asking if I needed his help. 

"Don't create a scene, we're not trying to kill you, stop being dramatic," Daniel huffed. 

"What do you want?" I asked. 

"I don't want anything, this isn't my idea," he rolled his eyes, "I'm just doing it for Justin." 

"Why? I thought you're Ethan's friend?" I asked. 

"I was, for the longest time. But it's time to get serious. You see, I need a scholarship. I don't come to these parties cause we're not rich and bratty like the people here." 

"We're not all rich and bratty like Justin and Annabelle," I mumbled. 

"I'll give you that, fair enough. But the thing is, I need to be captain of the team. Justin can make that happen. That makes Justin my friend too," he shrugged, "I need that scholarship." 

I stared at him in disbelief. "Are you serious? How is Justin going to make you captain when he's trying out for captain himself?" I asked. 

"We're going to be co-captains," he answered.