{14}

Chapter 14: (Olivia's POV)

"Aren't you supposed to head home?" I asked, smacking my hand over his face repeatedly, covering his eyes, his forehead, his lips, his nose. 

He grabbed my hand, clicking his tongue in frustration, and smacked it away. "My parents went out to dinner, they-" I squished his cheeks together, laughing at the way he looked. He looked up at me, just waiting for me to stop. I stopped and waited for him to continue. "They went out cause it's their anniversary," he said. 

"Tell them I said congratulations then," I smiled. 

"They're asking who you are, you know," he said, closing his eyes. 

"And what do you tell them? Except for the she-devil?" I chuckled. 

"I haven't actually told them much yet, I normally dodge the questions, but I've been thinking..." 

"About?" I asked. 

"About..." he trailed off before grabbing my hand and guiding it to his hair. My eyebrows shot up in surprise but I ran my hand through his hair regardless since it's what he wanted. "Telling them that you're my girlfriend," he said. 

"Don't do that, Ethan. Don't lie to your parents. I'm not actually your girlfriend, you know that," I spoke softly. 

"What's the harm if they think you are?" he asked, still not opening his eyes. 

"The harm is that you're lying to your parents. That's not right, don't do that. Just tell them... tell them I'm your friend and neighbor," I shrugged. 

"They'll see right through the lie, especially my mom," he scoffed. 

"Why? That's more true than it is a lie. It's less of a lie than telling them I'm your girlfriend would be," I replied. 

"Yeah, but you're not my friend." 

Ouch, okay. 

"I'm not your girlfriend either," I responded. 

"Yeah, but saying you are my girlfriend is closer to the truth. We're doing everything a couple does just without actually loving each other." 

"Which is why I'm not actually your girlfriend. You can't tell them that." 

"And if I do?" He opened his eyes, arching a brow at me. 

I pulled my hand back and stared down at him, "Then I'll actually be really upset. I don't need you lying to your parents and your parent later thinking of you or me as a liar." 

"What are they gonna find out? I'll just tell them we broke up, it fizzled out if you will," he shrugged. We looked at each other for a minute. "Actually, that won't make sense," he said, staring at the ceiling once again. 

"Why not?" I questioned. 

"Because things would never just fizzle out between us. We have too much chemistry." 

I snorted, I couldn't keep the laugh in. "We have chemistry?" I asked. 

"We have sexual tension, Oliver, you can't deny it." 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Mm, I think I will deny it. We do not have sexual chemistry," I shook my head. 

"You're telling me even when you hated me, you never thought I was hot or thought about what it would be like to kiss me or have sex with me," he turned to me with a taunting smirk. 

"No," I answered, lying. I won't say about which one that is. Thinking he's hot, kissing him, or having sex with him. You'll never know... 

"Liar," he chuckled, "Which one is it?"