{17}

Chapter 17: (Olivia's POV)

"I'll come get you at 7?" he asked, both of us standing at my porch. 

"Yeah, 7 sounds good," I nodded in response. 

"I'll uh, see you then," he said, glancing at his house. He already parked his car in his driveway and then we both walked over to my house, so he started retreating his steps and headed down my driveway. I turned around to open my door but he called out my name. "What color dress are you wearing?" he asked. 

I smiled before turning to face him. "Purple. Or do you not have a tie in that color?" I asked knowingly. 

He smiled, looking down at his feet. "I don't have a purple tie," he chuckled, shaking his head. 

I nodded in response, thinking of a color I would have some options in. "Light blue. Does that work for you?" I asked, helplessly smiling. 

He nodded, "Yeah, that works. I'll see you later, Olivia." 

"Bye!" I called out. 

"Bye!" he chuckled, walking to his house and I opened the door to mind and headed inside, locking the door behind me. I headed to the kitchen to grab a snack for myself and while I was washing my hands, I saw him enter his kitchen too. 

I smiled to myself before shaking my head, laughing. "Shit," I chuckled. I turned the water off before grabbing a rag and drying my hands off. "God damn it," I mumbled, glancing up at him. 

He was making what looked like pasta. We've got two hours, I don't blame him for making pasta. I kind of want pasta myself right now. 

"I thought I'd never come to like you, Ethan Miles Archer. And now that I do, I am royally fucked," I sighed to myself while opening the fridge. "Because you're already my so-called boyfriend. Now, what the fuck are you gonna do, Olive?" I asked myself. 

I groaned, running my hand through my hair, "Olive, Olive, Olive! I've been calling myself Olive for god knows how long now just because he does. God! Get it together, Olivia. I can't like you, Ethan. I can't," I mumbled under my breath, closing the fridge, grabbing a box of berries, and heading to the sink to wash them. He was cooking happily, zoned in. "Well then, shit Olivia. You already do," I said, staring at him. 

The water started overflowing from the box and I snapped out of it, looking down at the sink and turning the water off. I threw the water out, grabbed a bowl, and poured some berries out. I huffed, shaking my head, and clicking my tongue in frustration, drying my hands again. I closed the box of berries and turned to put them back in the fridge when I noticed Ethan watching. 

I willed myself not to smile and raised my eyebrows at him, sending him a nod. He shook his head with a small smile. I laughed before turning around and heading up to my room. I flicked the lights on and opened the window to let some air through before sitting on my bed. 

I heard a loud crash and jumped, looking out the window where Ethan came rushing in. He unlocked his window, his bottom lip caught between his teeth. I walked over and looked at him, "What?" I asked. 

"Get back down there, we were having a moment," he huffed. 

I rolled my eyes, grinning, "I have to find the dress I'm thinking of," I chuckled. 

"I left my pasta on the stove for you," he said, shooting me a glare. 

"Okay," I put my hands up in surrender, "Okay." I closed the window as he closed his and went back downstairs, sitting on the barstool, pulling it to the sink. He stood there cooking, I sat there eating berries and staring at him. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and texted him.