"Confused, aren't we?"

I didn't move. No words slipped off my tongue either.

Click away...?

And then realization hit me.

Something akin to electricity shot up my spine, creating a huge bubble of pressure, ready to burst out in flames only if she confirmed my-

"I got your nudes with me that night, king."

Silence.

All I could was look back in her eyes.

My hands were frozen in their place. Body cold as ice. My insides on fire.

My head however had stopped functioning at this point.

Got your nudes that night...

Something threatened to well up inside me.

I could sense that.

She could sense that.

"A-and if you tried to harm me, i got files saved in more places than one which would easily leak out and transferred to your precious wife if something happened to me. Now wonder it would he enough to ruin you, now wouldn't it?" she went on. Confident edge however no longer evident in her voice."especially Che has got my back on this matter!"

I closed my eyes.

I could her walking on the broken pieces of my heart. The sickening crunches.

Something akin to infidelity. Heartbreak.

Hurt.

Is this how real sadness feels like?

Like something enormously heavy is placed on your chest. Unmoving. Leaving you all bothered. Your soul yearns for a way out. Screaming under the weight.

Trying to even my breathing was a lost cause as my heart started a wild beat.

Her hand travelled upto my cheek. Cold one. Disloyal.

It didn't matter though.

Nothing really matters.

Is this what I'd been expecting while trying to pull this act?

How could she...

And Che?

"...king!" I blinked.

When did my vision become this blurry!

I didn't realize my forehead had dipped down.

Blinking again, I cleared my vision as her hand raised my face to eye me warily.

"You know I won't do something like that to you, right!" She whispered out in a hush of painful air that was cutting me down even by just inhaling,"atleast not if you are with me,king."

She rubbed her hand against my cheek and it heated up by the impact. Her eyes scanning my face with new intensity,"Just give in to me, King," she pleaded,"be mine!"

I shook my head. Barely.

"Why not!" She urged, pulling me closer with other hand,"what is it that i dont have which she has!"

Enough.

Can't.

I can't do this anymore!

I gathered all my courage to break the ice that had me in death grip all this while and opted to shift away from her.

Just some more courage. Enough to-

"No!" She yelled.

I winced hard. Gritting my teeth desperately.

In blind attempt to pull me back to her, she squeezed my injured shoulder with all her might.

Earning a painful gasp from me.

"You can't leave!" She went hysterical freezing me in spot,"can't you see that I love you!"

Is this the same Beck I'm looking at right now?

What caused her to be this...

Vengeful. Panicked. Mad.

...Pained.

Looking deep in her soulless eyes, for the first time I could detect something.

Something underneath the flaps of fear.
Rejection. Venom.

I could dig through all that and found an enormous ocean of Pain.

Hiding underneath all that.

A lonely pain.

Something that had her insides drowning.

I could see myself in her.

Trapped.

"Say something!" She shook me. Bad.

However the pain in my body was overwhelmed by the pain I just discovered inside of her.

"I-" my voice came out too low. Unrecognizable. As if from a pit so deep. Lost. Forgotten."I pity you."

I wasn't sure if she could hear my words. I couldn't.

But my heart recognized her pain. Sympathized with it. For a moment got lost in it. Became one.

She knew that too.

When a lone tear slipped out of her eye.

Too much!

Not anymore!

I couldn't take it atop the damage done to me.

Raising indecisive hand, I rubbed the wet spot, the trail of her lonely tear left.

The burn in the vein there,underneath my fingers throbbed in desperation.

I could feel her heartbeat in that vein. Her heartache.

"I'm sorry."

With that final whisper, I slipped off her. Away. And out of her life.

I had no more place here.

As if I had shed my old skin. Pierced it away. The pain was yet to come.

I had lost her forever.

Had lost my friend in her forever.

Or maybe all my friends.

_________________________________________