chapter 30

"Ma'am, you need to wear this!"

I shook my head, "no."

The sight of golden maxi with golden matching scarf lying on the bed just few feet away makes me cringe.

I scoot down on the floor with my back against the bedside.

I clutch my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and burry my head to hide from the world.

"What do you mean no? We need to hurry up, it's already been an hour and you didn't get up from there. We have only 15 minutes left till we would be called down." Makeup artist explained raising the pitch of her voice as if out of patience already.

I stayed glued to my spot.

I heard feet shuffling closer.

"Ma'am, can you hear me? I said-"

"Go away!" I screeched out and looked up at her.

She bit her lip.

Either she didn't like my attitude or my red striped eyes that had been glaring at her.

She tucked the stray lock of her hair that had come out of her careless bun, behind her ear and dug her both hands inside the pockets of her dark jeans under lose black shirt.

Guess everything is dark in my life lately.

I sniffed and rubbed my nose with the back of my hand and rolled my defiant eyes towards the floor.

Everything looks bitter right now.

I heard her huff out.

Why is she annoyed at me? I should he the one mad at her for forcing me to do something that I dont want to!

I gritted my teeth and finally got up on my shaky legs. Not stuffing anything in my stomach since yesterday added up to my dizziness.

But guess what, nothing matters anymore.

I straightened up and looked her in the eyes.

"You know that, don't you?" My accusatory stare never left her.

She hesitated for awhile struggling for words giving me enough answer to my question," know what?" She faked ignorance.

But I let it pass right over my ears and blinked away my dizziness and bent down to clutch her hand between my both.

"Listen," I started out desperately finding her already trying to get away from me but I didn't let the chance slip out of my hands," you need to get me out of here. You dont have to do anything more. Just get me out, please!"

"Ma'am, I can't-" she tried to pry my hands off hers but I squeezed them to emphasize on the perplexity of the situation.

"No, you don't understand. My dad's about to come within two days. I need to be there to go back home. I can't-" a sob escaped me without my consent and I covered my mouth quickly to stop crying further," I just need to get out of here!" I mumbled from behind my hand.

Her furrowed eyebrows finally straightened out and a gray of hope bloomed inside of my heart.

She slowly grabbed my hand and then let it slip away from hers.

I looked at her with every ounce of hope.

"I'll be waiting there after you get dressed." With that she walked away dismissively.

Wow!

I snickered.

Guess nobody's willing to help me out.