chapter 27

"No you don't have to." I dismissed him and turned around to go to the bathroom already.

He doesn't have to do anything just because he wants me to stay here.

"What do you mean?" He urged.

I looked at him and confusion was etched on his every feature.

"This is not a game, okay!" I stressed my words out looking him dead in the eye," it doesn't work like that."

He eyes shot skyward and he let out an exaggerated grunt and grabbed my hand pulling me back on my previous spot.

"You think I'm playing some game here?" He coaxed bending his head to look at me directly.

Those monstrous strands fell down creating a barrier between him and I and he jerked his head sideways in a practiced manner making them swoosh aside and collect over one another sideways covering half of his forehead now and allowing his one eye to take me in while taking over his other eye as if claiming it.

"Why else would you wanna learn about my God?" I pressed the word 'my' sarcastically remembering how he mentioned 'your God' earlier.

It's not like I have God all to myself and no one can have Him. He is everyone's at the same time.

He needs to find that desire to do it on his own. Not because he has to!

"Because I don't know Him yet!" He chewed the words out as if frustrated at me.

Why is he that frustrated at me!

"You don't have to know him for my sake anyway!" I retorted feeling offended and looked away,not wanting to prolong this argument about something that was most precious to me.

Releasing my hand, he grabbed my upper arm and swirled me around to face him.

His eyes held frost.

The same old frost.

Just one look and I could feel chills crawling all over me.

"I don't have to do anything to keep you here. I can very well do that without the need to even blink," his finger pushed the stray strand peaking from the scarf at my temple back under the fabric, his eyes lingering there for a second increasing my anxiety and then rested back on me," I thought you knew that already!"

I could recognize that hint of control in his voice by now.

I staggered back. Almost. He didn't let me.

Kept me standing like a statue caged under his gaze.

"I didn't-didnt mean it that way," I breathed out feeling claustrophobic, "I just-"

"Whatever the reason," he cut me off," let's not waste our time in nonsensical blabber." He suggested. A tone of finally behind each word.

I knew better than to urge him more.

I nodded and looked down.

My eyes widened.

For the first time since I came in this room, I realized that he had no shirt on.

My eyes were glued to his chest.

I wasn't able to move them anywhere. Incase it lands somewhere else.

My God!

I gathered all my courage and snapped myself from this robotic stature and pushed at his chest.