chapter-16

"Where you goin?"

His voice stopped me from approaching his car parked on the side of the road.

"Ah-the car..." I pointed at it unsure of why he's asking me in the first place.

Although I came out of the appartment in this outfit but now that I was out in the open, I wasn't really sure if I could manage anyone finding out what I was wearing. I just wanted to get in the car. out of everyone's sight.

Instead of answering, he took a hold of my arm and started stearing me in the other direction.

I looked back at the car confused.

Weren't we going somewhere though?

I looked around at the apartment buildings on the left where voices were coming out with cut off words by the impact of evening wind.

The sky was being covered by hurriedly rushing clouds that seemed like in their own world, grudging and growling at one another to get past in order to cover most of the area.

The wind pushed my dress against my body that stayed clung on it by the alternate heavy assaults. I had a hard time keeping the scarf in place which I couldn't wrap around properly in a rush.

There was nobody in sight other than couple of cars occassionally passing by.

I looked down at his hand wrapped around my forearm. His opened jacket flapped around due to the wind exposing the white shirt hugging him underneath. It looked like his second skin.

I peak at him to see his half closed eyes, scanning the road ahead. His sharp features stayed unaffected by the wind and I suspected a sense of calm settling in them while his midnight bangs danced their own dance as if ecstatic to recognize the grey clouds as acquaintances.

I know he could sense my eyes on him but neither he spoke nor I prolonged my stare at him.

Sighing I kept walking along as Emma's face didn't leave my thoughts. What must be going on there. What she might be doing.

She must be fuming right now!

Taking a turn, giggles and low barks hit my ears. I noticed a small park at the distance where few kids were playing around close to their mom's who were immersed in conversation with their friends. Few couples were there too, their eyes following their dogs playing.

I suddenly felt self conscious and glanced at king.

"Weather is nice, isn't it?" He spoke for the first time since we left the apartment. This time his voice was relaxed as if nothing happened.

I opened my mouth trying to analyze his words but at the same time fidgeting awkwardly.

"Are we going there?" My voice came out low and uncertain.

He scanned my face and took a deep breath. The direction of wind was opposite now. It was coaxing us from behind, as if urging us to hurry towards the park where everyone was enjoying their time.

"I thought we were going on a-" I trailed off not comfortable in voicing my thoughts.

"..Date?" He completed the sentence for me with amusement flickering in his dark orbs and heat crept up my face and I quickly averted my gaze.

"This way." He walked us towards the small entrance door and soon we made to an empty bench close to the fence and sat on it.

He spread out his long legs in front as he extended his right arm behind me, resting it on the back of the seat and I decided to stay on the edge finding it hard the relax back.