When The Party's Over

"How do I look?" I asked, adjusting my dress in the mirror. Particularly around my waist area.

"Stunning," Ginny said,

"More than stunning," Hermione added.

"Thank you, ladies," I tilted my head to one side and lifted the corners of my dress.

Once everyone was dressed, we exited my dorm and started to head over to the party. I hadn't told Draco I was going. I couldn't. Especially since I was going with Harry. He would be furious. Once at the party, Harry greeted me but we didn't talk much. Neither of us knew how to start a conversation.

"Excuse me, I need to tend to Hermione," he said as he approached Hermione who was hiding behind a see-through curtain.

"Oh, okay," my lips went straight.

"Nice of him to leave you here alone," Ginny said with her hand on my arm.

"Very nice of him," I smiled.

Not long after, I heard ruckus coming from just outside. It was hard to hear because of the music.

"Get your hands of me!" Draco said unmannerly as he was brought into the room.

"Professor Slughorn," Filch started to say. "I have discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to be invited to your party," he finished. The Professor looked puzzled.

"Okay, okay I was gate crashing! Happy?" Draco raised his voice.

Just then, a mysterious Snape came out of nowhere to address the situation.

"I'll escort him out," Snape said very seriously. Draco squirmed out of Filch's grip.

"Certainly, Professor," Draco frowned.

"Continue, everyone," Professor Slughorn said nervously.

"What the fuck," I said, putting down my drink on the nearest table and walking out.

"(Y/n) you shouldn't-" I could no longer hear her.

I hid behind a wall in the corridor to spy on Draco and Snape. I heard a loud noise. It came from Snape pinning Draco to the wall. I jumped in fear.

"I swore to protect you!" Snape argued. "An unbreakable vow!"

"I don't need protection," Draco struggled to say. "I was chosen for this! This is my moment!" He snapped at him. I could no longer hear anything.

"What a bitch," I whispered before running to my dorm.
As I was running, I saw a human-like figure against the opposite wall. I peeked over to see what it was. Nonetheless, it was Harry spying on Draco. When I got to my dorm, I yanked off my black flats and threw them across the room. Tears started to plummet like a waterfall. My mascara smearing down my cheeks. I ripped off my dress and sat there in my undergarments, sniffling more and more every second. There was a knock at my door. Before I got the chance to answer, Hermione and Ginny burst through.

"What happened to you!" Ginny ran over to me and began to wipe my tears with a tissue. Hermione stood in the doorway.

"He's one of them!" My voice quavering.

"Who? One of what?" She asked curiously.

"Draco! He's a death eater!" I sobbed. She stopped wiping my face and got up from her crouching position.

"That couldn't possibly be," Hermione shook her head.

"I overheard him and Snape talking! I heard all of it! He's doing work for Voldemort just here in the castle!" I shouted, choking back tears.

"Ron has been right all along..." her voice getting quieter with each word.

"How could I be so stupid!"

"You are not stupid," Ginny comforted me. Hermione passed her a shirt to give to me since I was almost naked this whole time.

"Harry was there. He was listening the whole time too! I saw him as I was leaving," I started to calm down.

"So, what are you going to do?" Hermione asked.

"I'll confront him, make him reveal the mark, and then I'll dump him," I let out the last of my sniffles.

They next day, I did just that.

"Draco!" I smacked him. "You hit arse!"

"Are you insane?!" He sort of yelled.

"I heard what you said to Snape yesterday!" I lifted up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark. His face turning white. "Just what I thought," I hit his shoulder as I walked away furiously. He was at a loss for words.
I didn't spend anymore time crying over him. I began to pack my trunk to go home for Christmas. There was a knock at my door.

"Can I ever be in my dorm without somebody interrupting me!" I yelled, not turning to look who was entering.

"My apologies Ms. (L/n)," Professor McGonagall said quietly.

"Oh my- I am so sorry Professor-"

"Don't worry," I could tell she was upset. "I had to tell you something," she came further into my room. "I heard you were going to go home for Christmas, is that right?" She asked.

"Yes?" My eyebrows wrinkled.

"I am so sorry to inform you....y- your Mother and Father have passed away".

"Wha- what-" I dropped the shirt in my hand and froze there for a moment.

"He who shall not be named went into your home not long ago and killed them. Your godparents were the ones who discovered them two weeks ago. You deserved to know," I burst into tears. Every memory I had of them flashed before my eyes. She walked over and hugged me.

"I don't understand! How could someone live with themselves knowing that they've killed somebody!" I yelled choking up.

"I don't know, (y/n)," she rubbed the back of my head.

"It should've been me!" I shouted aggressively.

"Don't say that!"

"It's true! They were such kind souls! They never did anything!" My voice sounding brooding.

"Nobody deserves to die, (y/n),"

"Except for him!" I wailed.

"I'll let you be in here. Holler if you need me," she sucked in her lips and shut the door slowly, turning the knob so the door wouldn't slam.
I threw all of my clothes out of the trunk and put my hands on my head as I cried. I kicked things and made a mess everywhere.
My style of living for the next 3 days was incompatible.

"Hello..........(y/n)," Hermione struggled to smile. No one had seen me for several days. I stared straight ahead with no expression.

"Why are you so grumpy today?" Ron teased. I glared at him. "Woah, no need to give me such a stare!" Hermione and Harry smiled.

"My parents are dead," I said emotionless. Their smiles faded. Nobody said a word for at least a minute.
        A single tear ran down my cheek. Harry's eyes began to water. I was almost certain it was only because it made him think of his own parents. He almost always only thought about himself.

"(Y/n)-" Hermione began before I cut her off.

"I don't want your sympathy. I don't want anyone's sympathy. All I hear is 'it's going to be okay' or 'I'm so sorry, (y/n)'. I sick of hearing it. Voldemort murdered them. I've accepted it," I got up from the table and ran up to the astronomy tower.
        I stayed her for the next few hours. It was cold and dark. The only light was the sparkle of the stars and moon. Lucky for me, it was enough to allow me to walk down the stairs. No one had came looking for me which I was happy about. I had heard the same thing over and over again for days. So many things were going on in my life. I couldn't keep up.

[Editor: This one was rather long. I hope you enjoyed! We still have a few more chapters. I'm trying to keep it short since many people don't like to read long stories ❤️]