Captain curious - Chap 77

Through the evening, the young sweethearts were unable to converge as much as they had wished for, often finding themselves entangled with others before sharing a glance at one another. Akasuki yawned covering her mouth as she dashed upstairs. She mustn't forget. She pushed open her bedroom door to see Kuroo sat on her bed, elbows on knees in thought. How, strange,
"Kuroo, everything alright?" what has him thinking so hard?
A sigh left his lips, shaking his head to glance at her,
"we're friends, right?"
What?
"Of course," Akasuki insisted taking a seat beside him, basically from the start, "is something wrong?'
He turned back to staring straight,
"and, Kenma and I," he furrowed his brows, "are,"
"Best friends," Akasuki answered him.
He nodded,
"so, I can’t help but wonder," he tilted his head at her, "why did neither of you tell me?"
His eyes shrivelled upon his words, Akasuki momentarily ashamed of her past,
"we," she frowned, "honestly?" Kuroo nodded in anticipation, "we were terrified of the way you would react."
He slowly nodded leaning into his hands,
"you know, if it was anyone else," he smiled confidently, "I would've reacted negatively but," he turned to her, "it's Kenma, one of the sweetest and most stubborn boys in my life," she completely understood that, "so, listen to me now and listen closely," she nodded eagerly, "I will forever be on Kenma's side," he held out his hands to her, Akasuki taking them carefully, "and if you ever hurt him, consider it as a war on all of us, got it?"
Completely,
"got it."
Kuroo abruptly grinned,
"he's such a caring guy and really smart, well, sometimes, and he can be distant but he's still attentive, and cute so you instantly forgive him," he began to ramble, "Suki, you're gonna really love him."
"I know," she whispered with a smile, every single way he described Kenma was exact, "I just hope the feelings mutual."
Kuroo scoffed,
"he practically stopped playing games when you guys broke up, he just straight up," Kuroo frowned slightly, "lost his sense of self."
She got that. She understood that exact feeling. Just pure pain.
"So, Suki," his eyes turned serious, "please help him find himself again, I can promise you," he leaned forward pulled her into him, whispering, "you will never find someone like him."
He's right. Kenma is one of a kind. Akasuki slowly nodded pulling away with a new smile,
"you're a great captain Kuroo," she stood up ruffling his hair, "and an even better friend."
She collected the present, Kuroo watched her playfully,
"he's gonna have a hard time keeping up with you."
"What?" Akasuki chuckled heading out of the room, Kuroo following.
"You're like the sun, while he's like the moon," Kuroo explained following her down the stairs.
She halted at the bottom step,
"I always thought of myself as the stars," she shrugged, smirking at Kuroo as she jumped off the step scurrying to find Kenma's location.
He's the moon. The most beautiful person in the world. A treasure to the earth. Yes. That's him.