C28 - Surpise arrival

Akasuki kicked the ball across the yard, Tatsuo throwing himself across the net in attempt to stop Akasuki's kick, yet it managed to slip into the corner of the net resulting in a cheer for Reiji,

"you actually did it!"

Akasuki grinned ruffling Reiji's hair,

"thanks to your wonderful set."

"That's the wrong game," Reiji snickered.

Right, this was football not volleyball.

"Again!" Tatsuo demanded, kicking the ball to Akasuki.

Again? Akasuki stopped the ball moving,

"okay but this is the last time alright?"

Tatsuo nodded eagerly. Alright, one more time, she pulled the sleeves of her jumper up, the coldness edging up her arms, one more time. She lined her foot up with the ball swinging back to kick it.

"Look it's Kenma!" Reiji suddenly yelled, what?

Akasuki lost her sight on the ball, her feet hitting just above the ball, oh shit, Akasuki felt the mud shift from underneath her as her body jolted back, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

What the fuck, why would he say that?

"Fuck," she muttered rubbing her head opening her eyes slowly, a face staring down at her, who?

Her eyes widened as she recognised the familiar face,

"Kenma," pushing herself off the ground to sit up, "hi, hey, I didn't know you were coming."

"Sorry, I can, go, if you'd prefer," Kenma frowned pushing himself off the ground to stand up.

No, Akasuki grabbed his shirt carefully,

"stay, please."

Kenma stopped moving and nodded, she wasn't going to let him run away so easily.

"Boys," Akasuki groaned attempting to stand up, "get cleaned up and you're free to do whatever."

They loudly cheered racing into the house. Mud, oh god the mud, mum is gonna kill her. Kenma held out his arm,

"you okay?"

Akasuki took it immediately, taking the pressure from her feet,

"yeah, just," she scoffed lightly as the pair made their way to the house, "after Tatsuo won his game today, he demanded to learn every position possible, so he can be like,"

"Kuro?" Kenma suggested holding the door for her.

"Exactly," Akasuki chuckled closing the door and enclosing them both inside.

"I love the feeling, of winning games," Kenma smiled shortly to himself.

"Really?" Akasuki questioned playfully, "sometimes I just can't tell."

He hummed softly at her joke. Even his hums are cute. Akasuki glanced down at herself, and he had to see her like this, that must be horrifying. He's definitely never gonna want to date her now,

"I should get cleaned up."

Kenma nodded slowly. It's gonna be awkward if he just stands here,

"you can wait in my room, if you want."

He replied with another nod, Akasuki gesturing to the stair case as she grabbed her spare clothes from the table,

"I won't be long," smiling as she entered the bathroom.

After her shower, Akasuki pulled on some shorts and a sweater shirt, jogging upstairs into her room,

"I'm here," her eyes moved to see Kenma sat on her bed loosely holding one of her books, "it's a good one," she sat beside him carefully, "it's romance though, not sure if you're into that."

Kenma shrugged placing it down, lifting his glowing eyes to meet hers,

"maybe for the right person."

Her heart skipped a beat, beginning to race wildly, her cheeks reddening, how does he do it? And what did he mean by that mean? Why was he looking at her like that?

"Long day?" Kenma suddenly asked turning away.

What? Why did he change the subject suddenly? She shrugged,

"how was yours?"

"It was alright, I just," he gestured to her, "wanted to check up on you."

Awe, that's sweet but,

"you didn't have to do that," he knew she was already better, so why is he here out of the blue?

"Oh, actually," he lifted up a hidden tote bag handing it to her, "got this for you, as a further thank you."

Kenma, she took it lifting her legs onto the bed to face him fully, he didn't need to thank her, there was no need for it. She opened the bag, pulling out the contents, Akasuki's mouth dropped as she pulled out a brand-new book,

"holy shit."

Kenma's face dropped,

"If you don't like it, I can always,"

She leaned over to squeeze his shoulder with bright eyes cutting his words off, her hand connected with his shoulder, landing harder than suspected excitement coursing through her hand. Upon impact Kenma's shoulder jutted back, falling backwards onto the bed, Akasuki moving with him, oh fuck. Akasuki blinked slowly as she tried to register the situation, why, she gulped, shivers running over her body, was Kenma underneath her? Fuck, shit, fuck, Akasuki, say something, play it off, do something, fuck,

"thank the book," she spoke hastily stumbling over her words, what the fuck?

Did that even make sense? Cheeks blushing, Akasuki pulled her hand from his shoulder, wait, this, is what she's wanted for so long, why is she the one running away? Amused from the random string of words, Kenma reached out taking Akasuki's hand in his, what is happening? For the moment his fingers intertwined with hers, she could feel the warmth transition to her own hand. This, this is nice. Unexpectedly, Kenma cautiously led her body down to his chest, his arms encasing Akasuki in a tender shell of comfort. Her eyes automatically closed, Akasuki sinking into the dream state, her worries burning away with the memories of the past. She could stay like this forever.

"Kenma," Akasuki whispered, her voice diminished from the nerve's strength.

He lifted a finger to her lips whispering weakly,

"can, we stay like this?"

Stay like this? For how long? No, that wasn't important. Why, why, she felt her body relax further in his grasp, did he ask when he knows the answer? She forced her eyes shut, if this was a dream, she hoped she never woke up. Resting her head against his chest, fuck, she never had a chance against him, him and his unimaginable feelings, why now? Why now did he decide to accidentally tug at her heart strings? Was it humorous to him? Was, no, it, can't be, he wouldn't do that, would he? No, he can't, he wouldn't, especially since Kuroo clearly stated his ambitions for no relationships within the team, he, must be doing this for his own intentions and ambitions. Why? She wanted, no, that's not the right word, she needed answers. Sooner or later, she was going to get answers whether they were the ones she wanted to hear or not, she was getting them. Fuck, Akasuki took a shallow breath her head lifting with Kenma's breathing, her ear pressed against his shirt, his heart beating through the thickness, how could he do this to her? He created a sense of fearless fear, it felt like flying with no means of landing. It was a rush, a rush she could only relate to the adrenaline running through her veins upon finishing an endlessly savoured book, that was it, that's how she felt in this moment. Yet there was darkness bubbling within the darkest depths of her mind, if this was only a joke and he genuinely wanted nothing to do with her, how would she respond to the denial of her wants? Is everything going to repeat like once before?