9

"Guess who's not single anymore!" Louis sing songs sitting crossed legged on his bed, to Perrie over FaceTime.

It was Thursday, which means tomorrow, Anne and Jenny are leaving and he and Harry will be alone. In the farm house. For the whole weekend.

He's excited and nervous but, mostly excited.

"Shut the fuck up, Louis!" Perrie's mouth drops. The grainy picture makes Louis laugh but he can tell she's excited for him.

"I know, it was official yesterday" Louis smiles at her, not being able to contain his excitement. He wishes Niall were here on FaceTime with him but he wouldn't pick up their call.

She squeals obnoxiously "did you ask him?"

Louis shakes his head, "not really, he kinda just like confessed his feelings and it kinda slipped but yeah, I have a boyfriend"

"I'm so happy for you...but," she says and Louis cuts her off.

"What?"

She shrugs, "What about when you come back home?"

Louis smile drops.

Honestly he never thought about it. Which, yeah, maybe he was just on a high because he has a boyfriend, who he actually really likes and adores. But Perrie is right. What will happen when he goes back home?

"I don't know" he says honestly, a little agitated.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." She says genuinely and Louis knows it. But he can't help but be upset.

"I know, it's just—" he sighs, "—it hasn't even been 24 hours yet and I'm really happy, he makes me happy" he picks at his thumb nail. "I don't want to think about it, okay?"

"Okay." She replies and frowns.

As if on cue they get an incoming call from Niall.

Louis was about to yell 'guess who's not single anymore!' When he notices two faces pop up on the screen.

"What's up fuckers!" Niall says, followed by, "Hey guys" from the person sitting beside Niall.

It's Colby. Of course it's Colby.

"Hey" Louis says softly.

"Hi Colby! Niall, that was kind of rude of you not to answer us" Perrie chips in.

Niall snorts, "Sorry, we were busy"

"What? Eating your weight in pizza and crisps?" Perrie teases the two.

"Pretty much" Colby shrugs with a laugh "But no, We're actually getting ready for Jackson's party" he adds.

"So, what's the emergency?" Niall asks eyeing the two over the phone.

Perrie smiles wide "Louis has something to tell you!"

Louis eyes widen. Fuck. He can't tell Niall with Colby there. It'll just be weird.

Yes, him and Colby had a past. They used to mess around a lot last year, Louis kinda fell in love with him but Colby made it clear he just wanted to be friends. Louis had to push his feelings away and they stopped for the sake of their friend group. Obviously Louis wasn't as close with Colby like he was with Perrie and Niall. Okay yes, In a different light, yes he was. But not in the way he would feel comfortable telling him about his personal life. Even though Colby and Niall are best friends he still finds it awkward when they talk.

"So, what is it Lou?" Niall asks taking Louis out of his thoughts.

He toys with his bottom lip under his teeth, "Oh! Nothing," a nervous laugh leaves his mouth "I'll tell you later, it's not big deal!"