Missing Puzzles

Kongpob's POV

"Chanagun, do you know what you are saying?" The slight tremble in the woman's voice was as rare as finding a bloom on a dead plant. So rare that for a moment the young ears couldn't recognise it.

Kongpob had been shocked still in fixity the moment he had come back from school. Years of training and punishment had made him a dog without paws. The red marks which he hid under his shirt were a lesson he learnt and he knew he should ignore what he hears, forget what he sees, and exercise being mute. He knew nothing would change if he heard anything nothing was particularly hidden from him anyway, what son? What bringing up? His mom has always made her life open for his innocent eyes to watch, and his dad ...his dad never seemed to be home to care in the first place.  He knew there was no point hearing the conversation that drifted across the broad corridor from his mom's bedroom, he knew their was no point seeing who were inside cause he already knew the 'friend' his mom was seeing for the past years, he knew this was an everyday event in the corner room of his big palatial home,  but perhaps that unfamiliar tremble in his mother's voice, that quiver which was as short lived as a dragonfly touching the water, made his young self have some bad intuition about it all and before he even knew about it he had taken a step towards the dimly lit corridor.

"Darling, you deserve the world, but you can't hold the world in your hand without having to bend your fingers and cup your palm."

"But...but...how can I....this...I can't do this chanagun...I can't have blood in my hands" at this the steps which were slowly pacing towards the dark room froze, the soft voices echoing almost undistinctively hit him like bloody arrows but all his blood was already frozen in place. For a moment he could hear a tiny buzz growing in size inside is mind, and all that he wanted to do was make sure he was awake. He has had too many dreams of death anyway.

"No ...no sweetheart... your hands are too beautiful for blood" the voice sounded as demonic as humanly possible, without a tinge of kindness in it. It was soon followed by some rushed sounds of wet kisses , but kongpob had still not overcome the buzz in his head to even have any feeling of disgust hitting him.

"I will do it for you. I have promised to serve you with all my heart and I will clear all the thorns in your way to the throne. You are my queen... I just want to see you with the crown on your head. All you need to do is just believe in me"

Clear way? Blood? Thorns? For a 13 year old, these ideas would be as novel as monsters in fictions. What could a kid make out of these. But kongpob knew. He knew what they were talking of. He has heard his mom saying how much she hated this family, this son and his father, the grandfather, the entire household. He was forced to hear with open ears...he was forced to believe with open wounds that his own mother wouldn't care looking at him, he was forced to trust his mother's hateful shrieks when she told him to go die. When she told she'd rather all of them die. Death.....was it really painful ? he thought sometimes...Could it be more painful than what he was going through already?

" Darling...Did you forget what you have gone through? Your entire youth, your beauty, your life, did you forget the betrayals? "

"No...no...I remember..I do...but.."

"You have given up everything for mere hollow promises...did you forget what that old scoundrel has in store for you? Even after he died ..that old bastard has kept you as cattle to be slaughtered without payment"

At this kongpob's heart which was frozen... jolted back to life. On hearing them talk about his grandpa, the only person he has held close to his heart, the only person whose memories were keeping him alive , was being insulted even after his death. What qualifications do they have to even talk about him?