Only Strength

Kongpob's POV

For a moment it felt as though the road was nothing but a blur. Images of Wad being beside him and slowly fading away played like a slide show in front of his eyes. Ever since he remembers, M and Wad have remained his constants. He might be the gang leader, the future heir to the vast properties, the to be CEO of Suthilak Enterprise, it no doubt had gained him minions and people who devoted their supposed loyal work towards him, but Wad and M had been beside him when he was nothing but a neglected child.

They were the only ones who had him supported in his ups and downs, best and worst. They were the ones who loved him when nobody else did. They were the only family he has had all his life.

Unlike M, he wasn't good with words. When M could openly show his concern when P'Arthit broke the news about Wad's accident, all he could do was feel numb, his mind had stopped speaking complete, there was nothing but a hollow echo of his heart beat palpitating, rushing all the blood to his head and draining it out.

He knew how strong Wad was, he knew how valiant a fighter he was, and he believed he wouldn't give up that easily. Hang in there buddy!

He knew Wad's parents had to be informed, he was here in Bangkok , away from home, just because of Kongpob and it was his responsibility to make sure he was alright, not only as the alpha of the gang, but also as a friend.

He had never drove any faster. With every passing moment the load of his shattered platter of responsibility was sinking further into him.

In a blink of an eye the car in front seemed to be more vivid and he had to pull the bike into a sudden stop. A hand was gripping onto his shoulder tightly, and he realized he couldn't risk any accident when Arthit was there with him. But neither could he settle his mind without thinking about how Wad was doing, and what he would tell to his parents. His parents who had left Wad under his wing of responsibility.

Unable to contain the thought inside him anymore, he let it out quietly to Arthit. Though he was supposed to be the one stronger and much more composed, being the leader and thus giving strength to the rest of the gang in return, he couldn't help but worry about his best friend. He was human too!

If it was anybody other than Arthit, he probably wouldn't have shown his vulnerable self. Arthit always felt like someone who could see through him, as if there was no use trying to hide himself.

He felt the warm hands on his shoulders, when Arthit pressed it tightly.

"he is alright kong, he is fine.. He will be fine, I'll be there with you. " the words cocooned him even in the middle of the road, with honking traffic everywhere. And for the moment, the load seemed a lot lighter. Arthit was the strength he needed.

He'll be with me!

Those words seemed to work its magic and they arrived the hospital without being patients to any accidents themselves.

When they reached the ICU, a worried face greeted them. P'Prem seemed rather too anxious and troubled, pacing outside the ICU, his cream shirt laced with blood.

"Arthit, you came " he spoke up like a lost child on seeing them arrive.

" Prem, are you hurt too...? All these blood.. " P'Arthit asked concerned.

" No..no its..just Wad... I... I couldn't do anything Arthit, i was there...i was just too late... Too late to reach out to him.. Will he be alright? " his face ashening with the passing time.

Since when did P'Prem and Wad become friends!

" he will be fine... He will be fine" Arthit said assuring him, and they seemed to pass some hidden message just via their eyes.