008 - The Young Lord Of The Rokuro Family Is Quite Interesting

Start from the beginning

It felt like it took hours longer than it usually did by the time they got back to the manor. Hasegawa Rokuro was truly a strange person- he had expressed that he had a decent relationship with Yuna, but when they got into the carriage, he only spoke one sentence to her on the entire multiple hour trip. Instead, he busied himself with bothering Yamato, especially petting his hair.

Yamato was simply too scared to speak up about it. This man was even stranger than Akagi, and he did not wish to stir up trouble for himself.

"Hideaki! We're back, come out of your damned room and welcome your mother!" Ruka declared, slamming the door of the manor open.

Yuna hurriedly caught onto the door to prevent it from breaking, "Mrs. Ruka Hideaki, please don't open the door so harshly, it might fall.."

As Ruka waited for Akagi to show up, young lord Rokuro glanced around the manor in interest. "This place is exactly the same as when I last visited," He commented.

"Of course it is. The young lord Hideaki doesn't like changing things." Yuna informed the man.

"Hideaki, come out of your room this instant!" Ruka yelled after Akagi was nowhere to be seen.

The sound of light footsteps was heard, followed by an exasperated sigh. Akagi finally appeared, swerving around a hallway. His aqua eyes flashed in recognition as he met everyone's gaze. "Hello, mother," He greeted once he saw Ruka.

Once he did so, he looked at Yamato, "Greetings, Akira. Welcome back."

Yamato politely nodded in greeting.

Finally, the young lord's gaze fell upon his old friend, "And welcome, Hasegawa."

Hasegawa Rokuro responded with a smile, "Akagi, it's great to meet you again." The last time Rokuro saw the young lord of the Hideaki manor, they were still little teenagers.

Ruka handed Yuna the bag of food for the kitchen, and then handed young lord Hideaki the bag of sweets she had bought for him.

"I'm sorry, mother. I... don't like sweets," He hesitantly said.

"Oh, don't lie!" Ruka playfully patted the young lord's shoulder, "I've raised you since you were a child. I know what foods you like," She laughed, "Don't be embarrassed."

Akagi frowned, but he did not retort. Hesitantly grabbing the bag, he called a servant over to store them away.

"And Yuna, please go and escort physician Fuyu out of the manor. She is leaving today," Akagi said to the servant.

Yuna bowed, "I will, young lord Hideaki," She said, before heading off to fetch the silver haired woman.

After the servant left, Ruka spoke, "Come, come, let's head to the garden. I haven't been there in such a long time!"

"It hasn't changed, if you were about to ask about it, mother." Akagi said, his eyes fixed on the path in front of him as they all walked down the hallway to get to the back of the manor.

"You know me so well." Ruka responded.

As Ruka and Akagi talked, Rokuro nudged Yamato's shoulder with his hand.

"Hey, although we talked, I never got your name," He said, "Do you mind telling me?" Rokuro questioned.

"Akira." Yamato bluntly responded, his eyes never meeting the other's.

Rokuro tilted his head to the side, chuckling a bit, "No, I meant your first name. What is it?" He asked.

Yamato internally frowned.

Is it a good idea to tell a complete stranger my name?

Although he was still suspicious of the man, his fear overshadowed his suspicions.

Yamato helplessly said, "My name is Yamato Akira."

The raven haired male happily responded, "May I call you Yamato instead of Akira? In return, you can call me Hasegawa, to make it fair." He smiled.

"Okay." Yamato agreed hesitantly agreed. I feel as if we exchanged names rather casually. This was their first time meeting, after all. It took a few days for Akagi to tell Yamato his name, and it was partially because Yamato assisted him in Sakura's fall. But for Hasegawa, it barely took anything.

Because he was deep in his thoughts, Yamato barely even noticed they had already arrived at the garden.

The garden of the Hideaki manor was fairly large, suited for a noble family.

Two tall, white pillars were placed somewhat randomly around the garden, with one of them being so old that they had crumbled and slightly collapsed, however, it seemed that they were still regularly polished.

Akagi seems like he has a habit of keeping ancient things like they are instead of fully restoring them.

Baskets of flowers hung from some of the trees, a pergola archway situated in front of the entrance to the garden. A stone path led from the archway to a structure slightly hidden by trees from the perspective Yamato was standing from.

The gazebo stood in the middle of the garden, where fairy lights encircled it. The trees should've made way for the gazebo if it weren't seen from where Yamato stood.

Ruka signaled for everyone to follow her, and so they did. As Yamato sat next to a table inside of the gazebo, Ruka called a servant over to pour the guests some tea.

"Well, Rokuro, what was it that you wanted to discuss with us on behalf of your father's orders?" Ruka asked, sipping her cup of a strangely fragrant green tea.

Hasegawa hummed as he stirred his cup with a small spoon, "Father wanted to inform you that Solana Academy is opening earlier this year. In three days, actually." He paused, "He was unable to tell you since he's currently on a business trip, so he had instructed me to come over and inform you instead," Hasegawa continued, smiling, "Since we're the first to always gather news, we decided to tell the Hideaki manor, our closest allies at the moment."

Akagi hmphed, "I see," He said, "That old man is still on a business trip? Doesn't he spare any time for his family?" Akagi asked, raising his eyebrows. His aqua eyes flashed with clear dislike.

"He does," Hasegawa smiled. It seemed off-putting to Yamato, as there was not even a flicker of any other emotion in his expression other than pure happiness, which, he was sure that that wasn't the emotion Hasegawa currently felt. The raven haired male pulled his hairpin out of his hair, tucking it inside of his pocket, "It's quite little, however. Father is mainly very busy."

"Anyway, Yamato is getting his elemental test, isn't he? You better hurry up and do it, there's only three days left." Hasegawa quickly changed the subject.

Akagi frowned, "Oh, so you're allowed to call him by first name?"

"Of course I am, what about it?" Hasegawa gave Akagi a smile.

Akagi abruptly stood up from his chair, his fists clenched, "Are you mocking me?"

Shit, here we go again.

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯