Chapter 17: Trust No One

Start from the beginning

"There are 10 others - we can easily do it in a week if we double a couple times, and if we sufficiently frame some people."

Blue simply nodded, not trusting herself to say anything.

"You okay, Blue? I know this is quick, but the sooner you get the hang of it, the better."

"Right, right. I'm fine, it's just happening a bit too fast."

Green nodded. "Understandable. You can just leave the planning to me for now, so all you have to do right now is follow my lead."

He started to leave the ship, and Blue had no choice but to follow.

Just follow his lead. Simple.

… wait a minute-

"Wait, won't people think it's weird if we stick together?"

He mused over the question for a long moment. "If that becomes the case, we'll simply let them believe we're a couple."

"... seriously??"

"Well, would you rather be thrown out of the space station or act reasonably like a couple with me?"

"Personally, I'd prefer being thrown out."

"Well, I don't. I mean, I'm not asking you to do anything drastic - and it's only a card we'll pull if absolutely necessary. Chill."

… I guess that's fine.

With that, they left for the main section of the space station.

The both of them found their way to the cafeteria, where 8 out of the 10 other people were already gathered.

After Blue and Green joined the group, they all waited for a long moment.

Suddenly, the doors of the balcony flew open. 

"Ah, there we go!" A friendly, feminine voice said, coming from a crewmate by the name of Aureolin.

Behind Aure was a darker figure - Rufous. He seemed a lot quieter, and definitely gave Blue the impression that he was Aure's bodyguard or something.

Another duo.

Looking at Green, Blue saw it in his gray eyes: he was sizing them up.

He's considering going for them?

Is he mad??

After Aure and Rufous had joined the group, someone clapped their hands - Malachite.

She seemed to be the one in charge.

Blue tuned herself out for the announcements, knowing they wouldn't deviate from the norm.

So, there's Fuchsia, Sunset, Aureolin, Rufous, Malachite… 

Blue tried not to look at the other five.

Don't put names to the targets. If they're nameless, they're easier to kill.

Still, she couldn't help herself from glancing over. 

Gold. Ciel. Solferino. Feldgrau. Cobalt.

NO, D**N IT, ESTELLE-

Blur the names. 

It'll be easier that way.

But, somehow, she couldn't remove them from her mind.

They had been ingrained into her brain.

These were the people she would kill and frame.

And she would never forget them.

… what would Talon think?