twelve

" breathe and look into the horizon "
________________________________________

Every morning my dormitory is gradually getting lighter, as Spring transitions into Summer. I can wake up in daylight instead of under the limited moonlight.

Quietly, I turn over my bed sheets and touch my bare feet on the cold, wooden flooring and walk over to the small window, where I left my now cold, coffee last night.

"Avery? It is so early, please do get back into bed, it is a Saturday!" Ginny says and shuffles over.

I don't take notice and sit on the window sill, Draco told me to wait in the window here at five o'clock this morning.

I see someone racing towards the window, riding a broom. "French girl, I thought I would have to bang on the window to wake you up!" Draco says, shocked that I'm actually awake.

"Well you told me to wait here at five o'clock, so here I am!" I say, opening the thin window so we are practically next to each other, he is on his broom on the outside of the window.

"Since I can't be in there with you, this is what it has resorted to I guess" He whispers, realising not to wake Ginny or Hermione because they will not like this one bit.

"It is very thoughtful of you" I laugh, but ask "What are we doing this morning then?"

"We could watch the sunrise?" Draco suggests, pointing to the horizon, the sun is just starting to show.

"I would love to, do you want to sit here with me?" I agree and move over to give him space.

"Absolutely not, you are going to climb on to the front of my broom with me" He exclaims sternly and moves back on his broom slightly.

"I've never been good at this-" I announce, looking nervous, he simply laughs.

"Hurry up! We'll miss it, just put one leg over the broom, and I'll hold on to you so don't worry" Draco says and takes my hand for support as I climb out of the window on to the broom.

"See? It is fine, just don't look down if you don't like heights-" He states, but my face is already facing the ground, I feel myself going pale.

"Um... m- might be to l- late f- for that" I stutter as his arm goes around my waist, holding me tight, I instantly feel more comfortable.

"Shhh... just breathe and look into the horizon, look how beautiful the sun is and how the orange light shadows the clouds, it is almost a red colour, reminds me of Weasleby's hair" Draco whispers into my ear, his mouth touching my blushing cheek.

"You think Ron's hair is beautiful like the sun?" I laugh and reach my hands on to his head to mess his hair up.

"Well- no. It is just the same tint of red, you know?" He saves himself but I know he feels embarrassed because his hand is getting warmer.

"Hmm sure" I reply sarcastically, he leans forward and rests his head on mine.

We stay here, until the sun is fully above the horizon and must be about six thirty this morning.

"Are your legs starting to ache? Mine definitely are" I laugh and try to move around to make it more comfortable.

"Yes, we should go inside for breakfast now anyway" Draco exclaims and tilts his broom towards the window sill for me to go back inside.

"This was beautifully romantic, see you soon Draco" I announce as I begin to shut the window.

"Bye French girl" He replies and flies down to the ground quickly.

I collapse back on to my bed, still in my pyjamas, which Draco gave to me a few weeks ago.

"Do you think we didn't hear all of that?" Hermione growls from the bathroom, clearly still half asleep.

"We tried not to wake you guys up, but I guess you have figured out that something is going on between me and him then?" I reply to them as I find some clothes to wear today.

"We knew weeks ago, I even walked in on your guys kissing in the common room! I sprinted out quicker than you know who could 'avada kedavra' Harry!" Ginny says as they both burst out laughing.

"Very funny. But are you okay with it? We have only been seeing eachother for about a month but I love every second I'm with him!" I exclaim dreamily and drag myself into the bathroom.

"Eh... we aren't exactly okay with it... I mean he is horrible to us Avery, but if you are happy then so are we I guess" Hermione assures me, Ginny nods her head to show that she agrees.

"I understand, I know he might not seem to be the best person but I do see a lot in him" I reply as I brush my hair roughly.

"Go on... I want to know what about him draws you in" Ginny laughs softly and raises her eyebrows.

"Draco is so tall, handsome as hell, bad but he does it in an attractive way-" I start to list all the reasons but Hermione cuts me off.

"Avery, that is quite enough! I don't see it but I know you might have some competition with Pansy and that other girl-" Hermione says but Ginny insists she knows who else is talking about Draco.

"Her name is Astoria Greengrass, bit of a bitch but she is your main competition! All she does is blab on about marrying Draco when they are older" Ginny tells me, I do worry slightly about those girls but he is loyal, he wouldn't dare to do that to me.

"Can we stop talking about him right now? I am absolutely starving! I'll see you guys in the Great Hall for breakfast soon then" I snap and walk out with my wand.

When I walk down the corridors people make comments like "Can you imagine a muggle born dating a pure blood?" Which I don't think to much about, until I hear other comments like "Have you heard Draco calls her French girl? I don't know what has gotten into him, such a common nickname if you ask me."

That one angers me, it is my personal business with Draco, as much as I hate that nickname, it gives me butterflies when I hear him call me it.

-