twenty nine

" foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach "
______________________________________

Today is the second of September, and the first day of lessons at Hogwarts.

I am sitting up in bed, with the soft, red and gold covers, still pulled up over my cold body.

The sun is shining through the frosty window, and I can hear humming birds chirping from the willow tree outside.

Hermione turns over in bed next to me, I crawled in with her after the party last night, as I was scared about what happened with Silas.

"Avery, what are you doing here?" She asks, startled by me looking down on her.

"Sorry Mione, I came back from the party really late and I was nervous about Silas so I just got in with you" I laugh, as Hermione sits up next to me and wipes the sleep from her eyes.

"It's okay, but what happened with Silas? He didn't hurt you, did he?" She questions, with a terrified and paranoid expression.

"No, he didn't hurt me. But Draco was drunk and Silas had to help me lift him into bed, and he was saying some really concerning and disturbing things..." I start to explain to Hermione, and I continue to tell her what he said specifically.

"If I were you Avery, I wouldn't worry at all. He is Voldemort's son and I was expecting him to be intimidating in ways" She comforts me, and I slowly get out of the warm bed to wash my face as we have thirty minutes to get ready until breakfast.

"Ginny, you need to wake up" I hear Hermione whisper to Ginny, who is still fast asleep.

"Fuck sake Hermione, I was sleeping!" She responds, but gets out of bed anyway and marches towards the bathroom.

"I was just-" I exclaim, as she gets undressed and turns the shower on.

"You don't mind do you? I still feel disgusting and sticky from the party" Ginny laughs, stepping into the steaming shower.

"No, go ahead..." I reply, but edge out of the bathroom and burst out laughing with Hermione.

-

"Toast, Harry?" Ginny asks him, as Harry and Ron come and sit next to us.

"Oh, yes please" He responds, after kissing her on the cheek, this relationship developed over the summer break and it is adorable.

"So, Harry, what happened earlier last night? When you came in with that bloody nose" I ask him, biting into my own buttered toast.

"Malfoy happened" He scowls, glancing over at the Slytherin table.

"Draco did that?" I question, but not at all surprised.

"Yes Avery, I was spying on them to find something out, and he stood on my nose, what a great boyfriend you have" Harry says sarcastically, and aggressively slams his fist on the table.

"I'll talk to him later, I promise, but why were you spying on them?" I exclaim, Ron and Hermione turn away, and cough to distract us from the subject.

"I know it, I know that Malfoy is a Death Eater, you won't believe me now, but just wait" He replies, I grab my bag, get up and walk away, without saying anything more to them.

"Hello gorgeous, you are looking as stunning as always" Flint flirts as he steps in my path.

"Flint, fuck off!" Draco yells from the other side of the Slytherin table, he picks his bag up and gets ready to leave.

Flint moves out of my way and I continue to walk out of the Great Hall, Draco is probably metres away from catching up with me.

"French girl" He exclaims, grabbing my wrists, I spin around and wrap my arms around his body, burrying my head in the curve of his neck.