thirty nine

"you just have to trust me"
_______________________________________

He is the thought behind the feeling,
         the swelling in my chest;
         the starlight in the evening,
         the yearning when I undress.

He is the sound behind the sighing,
         the song of every bird;
         the tears in all my crying—
         the ache in every word.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you left your soulmate? What they would do in return? And I don’t mean revenge.

 I would never purposely leave Draco, he’s my love. No one ever intentionally wants to hurt their love. Afterall, he gave me a ring; a ring that promises we’ll be together forever, our lives entwined into one future full of happiness.

-

5 Months Later 

-

“I promise I’ll come back for you” Draco anxiously whispers, cradling my wet face with his hands, my emotions mixed with bitter anger and heartbreak, I tear his hands from my cheeks, and growl through barred teeth, “you don’t get to do this Malfoy; you don’t get to lie to me, for months on end, and pretend I don’t know what this means. You’re running around the castle with Death Eaters! And you think I can’t figure out what’s going on?”

“How was I supposed to tell you?” Draco cries out, “I need to do this! I have to kill him!”

Kill? Kill who? I only figured out his dark mark, after months of him using spells to cover it; covering the dangerous truth. I push him back, slowly edging out of the Hospital Wing. We wouldn’t be in here in the first place if Harry didn’t find out it was him who cursed Katie Bell, I didn’t know of course, not until this evening.

“What do you mean kill? I do hope you’re joking, and this whole thing is just a massive prank” I relax a bit, imagining its just a stupid joke, a harmless joke.

“I- I thought you knew!” Draco stressed, pacing up and down the small area of flooring surrounding his hospital bed.

“No I don’t! I don’t know anything about whatever you’re doing! But you’re going to tell me or I will go and send an owl to your mother!” I hiss, staring into his no longer mysterious eyes, I now know what he was hiding, and being so secretive about.

Draco grabs his wand with his shaking hand, and breathes; “it’s Dumbledore, French girl… I have no choice, do you think I want do to this? It’s because my idiotic father couldn’t get the prophecy last year, so as a punishment, the Dark Lord set me the task of killing Dumbledore.”

Before I can try and stop him, he pushes past me, knocking me hard into the wall.

I chase after him; running down the dim lit corridors, he turns a corner… and then disappears.

Where has Draco gone? I anxiously think to myself, sliding down the wall and sitting on the cold floor. I try to hold my tears back, but it's useless. The last few months me and Draco have been on edge, I knew something was up, I had my suspicions he was a Death Eater, but I never dared to mention it to him. I think he knew I knew.

 Minutes have passed, and I'm still crying on the floor…

"French girl are those tears?-" Draco questions me as I nearly bump into him just outside the girls bathroom.

"It's all your fault! My friends are no longer my friends because we kissed! Why couldn't you keep your lips to yourself!" I yell at him and crouch on the floor, quickly tearing up again.

"Um... you kissed me too you know. Anyway, if they were your friends, they wouldn't ditch you in situations like this, no matter how much they hate me" Draco explains as he crouches on the floor next to me.

"I'm sorry-" I apologise and look up to his face to see if I hurt his feelings.

"Don't be, your friends are the ones who made you in this state" He replies and holds my chin up with his hand, he looks me in the eyes sternly.

"I guess so, what are you doing?-" I ask Draco as he stares intently into my eyes, I laugh a little bit.

"You listen to me, as terrible as you look crying, I kissed you for a reason, and it wasn't because of the mistletoe above us. It was because I didn't think about what anyone else thought, I wanted to kiss you, and you wanted to kiss me back, it won't happen again, unless we both want it to of course. So don't you dare let anyone make decisions for you. You are a Gryffindor, fight back" Draco whispers to me, and grabs my hand to hold in his.

I wipe away my tears, steadily standing on my feet and tightening my grip on my wand, Draco is right, I have to fight back.

I walk to the end of the corridor, nearing a balcony. In that second a mass of grey and silk robes flies past me down to the ground.

In an instant I run up the stairs to my left.. towards the Astronomy Tower.

"Draco!" I scream, yet again wiping tears from my eyes.

Someone pounces on me from the back, I turn around, shook.

"Draco" I cry into his chest, his arms comfort me and I think he's crying too.

"We need to go" He whispers, kissing my forehead and holding on to my hand, massaging my fingers with his own.

"Did you do it?" I mouthed, waiting for a response.

"No" He muttered, rushing me down multiple flights of stairs to the ground floor of the castle, "I couldn't do it, I was scared. Snape took over."

"Oh" I whisper, hit with relief.

"Come on we need to go, the Death Eaters are looking for me" Draco mumbles, once we get around another corner he stops suddenly.

"What are we doing? I think we need to hurry up.." I exclaim, trying to drag him.

"No, no the only way to get out of the castle is through the way the Death Eaters came in" He tells me, as the entrance to the Room of Requirement opens, the inside is dark, and I can hear a distant sound of birds coming from the far right side.

He leads me inside, using his wand to move objects from our path. Draco stops again, this time in front of a… wardrobe? 

"Step inside" Draco whispers, opening the door, and helping me inside, then he steps inside too. The door slams and I hold his hand, I'm scared.

It feels as though I'm in an aeroplane while it's taking off, as there's so much pressure all around my body, and then something pops, and the pressure is gone.

The door widens, Draco stops me from getting out first, presumably so he can check the area for Death Eaters.

"You can come out now."

Grabbing my wand from my pocket, I shut the door behind me and grip on to Draco's arm, following him out of the building.

"Where are we Draco?" I ask nervously, he can obviously tell because he strokes my hair and smiles slightly.

"That place is Borgin and Burke, in Knockturn Alley, you might have heard of the place" He replies, kissing my cheek.

"Okay, but where are we going to go now Draco? Surely your house isn't safe?" I exclaim, as I give him a fascinating look.

"I think we're going to have to go back to the Malfoy Manor French girl… There's no where else we can go. But I do have a plan, you just have to trust me, I know we haven't had the best relationship recently but that's just because of this… incident. I promise I won't keep anything else from you."

I nod my head, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his plump lips. Then, he apparates us to the Malfoy Manor.

-

a/n: here you go my lovelies, so sorry it took so long but i hope you enjoyed this and there will be more chapters to come!

- elle