Raise A Glass

Lucy woke up covered in warmth. Warmer than usual. But it was good. It felt nice. Though she was slightly confused. Tiredly blinking her eyes open, she came face to face with a deep red shirt. A familiar deep red shirt. With a nice, familiar scent.

Her face coloured as everything came flooding back and she realized exactly where she was and with who. Pushing lightly at the chest in front of her, pulling out from the (strong, muscular,-) arms wrapped around her (!!!) to sit up on her side of the bed. She looked down at Natsu's sleeping form, her shoulders relaxing. He looked so peaceful.

Deciding not to bother him, she quietly slipped out and padded to the kitchen. She grabbed her phone on the way out, quietly closing the door behind her. After cleaning up in the bathroom, she sat down on one of the bar stools at the counter. She leaned her elbows on the table as she scrolled through her messages. Frowning at the notification, she pulled up a new message from Gray.

>>You guys look so cute sleeping together

Lucy felt her face heat up to the point that she wasn't sure if she was going to explode.

<<????!!!!????

Gray responded immediately, attaching a photo of her cuddled against Natsu as she slept. He had a crooked smile on his face and a small dusting of pink over his cheeks as he lay gently as to not disturb her. She saved it to her camera roll.

<<Why do u have that?!???

>>Ah, you know, just two bros talking last night while the beauties slept ;)

Lucy had to take a deep breath to keep herself from combusting right there on the spot.

<<Did he say that???

>>I did, but he was thinking it

<<YOU DON"T KNOW THAT!!

>>oh but I do ;p

Lucy stared down at the phone in confusion. Was he hinting that,...No. No way. It couldn't be.

<<Are you saying that,...

>>I'm saying everything that needs to be said.

>>C'mon Luce. You have to talk to him.

<<But,...what if he doesn't want it,...

>>Trust me he does.

>>He's too shy so please Luce. Just make a move tonight.

<<???!??

>>I'm not saying anything else. Cu tonight <3

She sat there staring at her phone until a figure in the doorway snapped her out of her thoughts. "Good morning" he yawned walking over. He looked her over once and cocked his head to the side with a small frown "You okay?"

Lucy was definitely not okay. Grey sweats hanging low, messy pink hair, sleepy eyes, and sleepy look in general. Natsu was doing things to Lucy. Maybe she just needed help in general. Yeah, she definitely needed help.

Oh, wait right, he just asked her something. Act natural. "Oh, uh yeah. I'm good. Just,...texting Gray. Yup." He gave her a dubious look before shrugging and heading back down the hall. "Imma go shower" he called over his shoulder and she flashed him a thumbs up before he left the room.

As soon as he was gone, Lucy had to take a few calming breaths. Breathe girl, relax. You'll be fine. As she relaxed she thought about what Gray had said. Today was the day. She'd finally make a move.