Sweet Nothings

Lucy was a bit distorted as she woke up in her room. When had she ended up in here? Remembering that she had been watching a movie with Natsu previously, the puzzle pieces clicked into place. She blushed deeply, slapping her hands over her face. For some reason she felt as she HAD to share this piece of information with someone.

Whipping out her phone, she texted Gray 'bro! He carried me to bed!!!' She got a text back immediately 'WHAT?!? I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUSH IT!!!' She let out a squeak of embarrassment as she slams on the keys 'NOOO!!! WE WERE WATCHING A MOVIE!!! I FELL ASLEEP!!'

She panicked as she waited for the response back. After a minute, 'Ohh. Awe! That's so cute!!' She giggled 'I know right!' After another minute 'sorry, that was Juvia. But, ADJGFH- that's acc cute!'. She laughed before shutting off her phone and finally dragging herself out of bed.

There was a quiet noise coming from the living room, so after quickly brushing through her hair and pulling it back into a pony, she tiptoed out into the hall. Peeking around the corner, she was greeted with an interesting view. There was a laptop open on her kitchen island, a familiar face mushed into the keys as they snored lightly.

She giggled, quietly walking over with a pillow. Gently, she lifted his head, placing the pillow between Natsu's face and the keyboard. She slipped off the glasses, folding them beside the laptop. Deciding that he would most likely be hungry once he woke up, they could eat together, so Lucy was in charge of making breakfast.

After half an hour, Natsu woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and toast. He groaned, rubbing his face as he lifted it from,...a pillow? That must mean that,....He looks up confusedly, making Lucy sitting in front of his stifle a giggle. His pink hair was a mess, sticking out everywhere.

"Good Morning" she giggled as she sipped her coffee. He mumbles something as he rubs at his face again "sorry, I just guessed it'd be better waking up to someone. Plus your wifi is better." He sighs, reaching for his coffee "thanks. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep."

Lucy cocks her head to the side, looking at him worriedly "were you working all night?" He nods solemnly "I have a deadline that I'm kind of behind on because I had to move everything from the office, home." She studies him before shaking her head "you need to take care of yourself."

He shrugs, taking a bite of his toast "it's usually better. It's just cause of this stupid pandemic." He grumbles, looking back at the document open on his screen. Lucy looks at him a moment longer, before picking up her plate and placing it in the sink.

"Nice pyjamas, by the way" he smirks at her, making her blush slightly. "Ah, yeah. Thanks for taking me to my room by the way." He waves it away "it was no problem, really. Figured you'd rather not wake up with a sore neck." Lucy smiles at him before shaking her head. He honestly was a really sweet person. She'd gotten lucky he wasn't some creep.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. Make yourself at home" she calls over her shoulder as she walks back down the hall. "Already have" he calls back, making her laugh before she closes the door.

x-x-x-x

Once she comes back into the room, in new clothes and drying her wet hair, Natsu's still bent over the counter, furiously tapping away on the keyboard. She sighs, patting his back in sympathy as she passes, grabbing her own laptop and settling down across from him.

They stay like that for another hour, each silently working away on their projects. After a while, Lucy pauses her work, leaning back in her chair as she stretches her arms above her head, yawning.