scene 6 // harry becomes the ice cream guy

Harry liked the Ice Cream shop.

First of all, they gave everyone free ice cream at half past five in the evening.

Second of all, the guy that worked there, Florean Fortescue, always helped Harry with his homework.

Third of all, their ice cream scoops were big.

Harry wanted to work there.

One day, on a cloudy evening in a gloomy Sunday, Harry approached Florean, who looked at Harry passionately. "Yes, my man?" Florean asked. "At your service."

"I'd like to work here," Harry blurted.

"Are you sure?" Florean said.

Harry reconsidered. "Yes."

"Then you'll get me your Wizarding ID card. And I need your wand details. I'll get the paperwork done. Training starts next week, this time." Florean said, turning very professional.

"Alright," said Harry.

xxxx TIME SKIP - ONE WEEK LATER xxxx

Harry was giving everyone ice cream. He'd enjoyed this job as much as Florean assured him it would. He also got to have a free scoop at the end of each shift, which he liked. He always chose the strawberry nuts flavour. It was the best. Harry worked part-time, three days a week and received adequate salary. 

Harry learned all about the different ice cream flavors. He learned how to approach people and a whole other load of social skills.

When Florean died, Harry took over.