scene 9 // harry is the only wizard in a swimming competition

The swimming meet building was huge - it was easily the size of a hollowed out mountain, though Harry couldn't tell. The ceiling was in the shape of mosses and greenery, making them feel like they were in the middle of a forest. He didn't know whether or not this was appropriate swimming meet. He put on his Speedo, then did a few warm-ups by himself. The building was still fairly empty as he'd arrived one hour early. 

Harry had been working on his upper body strength in the gym for the past two weeks. Relentlessly doing one pushup after the other, Harry had improved his endurance. He also had a multitude of spells he cast on himself to help him along, and he had also drank a Strengthening Potion he'd made a month prior.

As he waited for people to show up, Harry did a number of splits and flexibility exercises. When his coach came, they both crashed into a hug. His coach began ranting some tips for Harry which he mentally noted. The judges showed up. As per the rule for every swimming meet, Harry walked up to them and said hello. They greeted him with warm smiles and directed him to his seat. On his way, his coach held his arms and told him, "I'm proud of you, bud. Go ahead."

As another stupid rule in swimming meets, Harry had to wave to the crowd. The audience cheered. He put on his swimming goggles and took deep, steadying breaths. His competitors were doing the same thing. They all went near the pool. When it was time, the gong sounded and all of them jumped at almost the same time into the water. It was a 500m freestyle swimming competition, and Harry was first. He swam and swam, with his rivals close behind. When he finished the one side, and flipped over to do the other, he saw people silently rooting for him, holding up his flag. He smiled, but he musn't get distracted.