Chapter 7: I'm not an escort girl!

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Better be safe, my inner voice reminded me.

"If you really want to be the owner of the café, you need to work for me for a certain period until I'm satisfied. Once I let you go, the café is officially yours. Don't worry about the salary, you will get it as well." What kind of offer is that? I tried to rationalize it.

"No, I'm not going to do that. I'm not an escort girl." I blurted out. That was the only thing that I could think of from his offer. Work until he is satisfied? So, I need to use my body as a condition in exchange for the café.

Miguel POV

I chuckled at the moment her words hit my ears. I swirled my chair towards her direction and let my laughter echoed in the room. Her eyes widened once it landed on my face. I bet she remembered me. Well, we just met this morning in the hotel room or might I said sharing the same bed.

"You!" She yelped, pointed her index finger towards me.

"Yes, it's me, Caramel. Nice to meet you again for the second time in a day." I raised my brows, leaning comfortably on the chair while observing her. She stood there with her shocked expression.

"You are-"

"Miguel Rodríguez," I solved her confusion before she asks further.

"No, not true. You're a nightmare."

"How can I be your nightmare? We just spent our night together. Don't tell me you had forgotten that you woke up in my arms this morning." I made myself closer to her, emptied my seat.

"Don't say it out loud. People might get the wrong idea about it." She stepped closer, glaring at me with furious eyes.

"I don't mind. I can tell the whole building if I want to," I was shocked when her hand clamped my mouth to shush me. I couldn't help but chuckle at her sudden attack.

"Keep quiet, don't say anything silly, okay?" The doubt was clear on her face. I nodded my head with a smirk beneath it. I kissed her palm and it caused her to release her hand instantly.

"You are a pervert." She scolded me, rubbing her palm on her dress.

"Shh, slow down. People might hear us and get the wrong idea. You don't want that to happen, right?" I snickered.

"What are you doing? This morning you were on my bed, now you kissed my hand and claimed that you are Miguel Rodríguez, the person that bought my café?"

"I can't resist that vanilla scent, Caramel. By the way, I'm aware that this morning we were together on the bed hugging each other tightly."

"No, I didn't hug you." She retorted.

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't." Her hands crossed on her chest.

"Yes, you did, and stop arguing," I prowled toward her, causing her nervously stepped backward till she reached the couch behind and stumbled onto it. I placed both of my arms next to her and caged her in between me, bending my body lower.

"Wh-what are-yo-you doing?" Her stuttered voice couldn't hide her nervousness.

"Nothing, just want to smell your vanilla scent." I twirled my head to one side.

"Are you using vanilla lotion?" I asked her while peering at her face clearly.

"I think so." She answered with her hitched breath.

"I like it. It will be my favorite smell from now," I won't argue that I act like a maniac.

"Can-can y-you move back a little? I- don't feel com-comfortable like this." I noticed her eyes shifted from my eyes to my lips. I smirked while her eyes landed on my lips. I inched my face to her earlobe and whispered something.

"You are blushing," I said making her shivered.

"No, I'm not." She suddenly pushed me away from her. Luckily, I managed to stable myself. That was the second attack.

"What do you want from me? I told you I'm not an escort girl." She snapped with a death glare. I laughed at her remark. I forgot about the conversation earlier.

"That little head of yours," I leaned my back towards the desk behind.

"What?" She spat with anger.

"When did I mention escort girl? And, for your information, I don't have any interest in any escort girl."

"Then what do you want from me?"

"Hmm, what should I call that? Coffee girl or some kind of personal cook?"

"You mean you want me to work with you as your coffee girl or personal cook in exchange for the café? I will be the owner again?" I noticed a smile at the edge of her lips.

"Absolutely!"

"Really?" Her eyes brightened. I nodded.

"But it sounds too good to be true." She retorted. "What is your hidden agenda?" She narrowed her eyes on me, the excitement replaced with a frown.

"Nothing, just need someone to take care of my meal and I think this job suit you well," I convinced her. "So, are we making a deal?"

"Hmm, can you give me some time to think about it?"

"Fine, just one day. I need the answer tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that's what I say earlier. Consider I'm being nice giving you a few hours to think about my offer." Longer time means the higher risk to get rejection.

"That is how you are being nice? No, I need more time." She protested.

"Unfortunately, my time is limited, Caramel."

"Why do you keep calling me Caramel?"

"Maybe, because you like caramel?" Obviously, she still can't recall that I met her at the café.

"How did you know that I like caramel?"

"I just knew it." I shrugged my shoulder.

"It sounds familiar though," I heard she mumbled. "But, it's okay. It doesn't matter." She brushed it away. I was a bit disappointed that she just let it go lightly.

"Anyway, I will let you know the answer tomorrow." The determination was written clearly on her face.

"My pleasure," I raised my brows smirking at her. "Before that, I have one question to ask you."

She nodded and motioning me to continue.

"Where is your boyfriend, Caramel? Why he is not with you during time like this?"

"Boyfriend?" She scrunched her face. "I don't remember I have a boyfriend." She murmured quietly but it was clear to my hearing.

"What? Repeat that again. You don't have a boyfriend?" I almost jumped with her statement.

"No." She shook her head.

"Good, sounds perfect now," I said with satisfaction.

"Now, the path is clear," I mumbled silently, satisfied with everything.

********************

ps:

Hello readers,

Due to working time on weekday, only one chapter updated for today. Sorry about this.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Till next chapter! :-)