EX:16

Chapter 16

Sixty's Perspective

"Family is like music, some high notes, some low notes, but always a beautiful song."-Unknown

•••••

       THE lace material covered the front of my shirt as I viewed all aspects of it trying to make a decision on whether I wanted to purchase it or not. A few men walked by observing me but I could care less. I put the cherry red bra down looking through other products.

        My best friend Keri and I were currently at the mall browsing for new nightwear. I wanted to spice things up a bit for my boyfriend and feel confident yet sexy while doing so. I wasn't blessed in the chest area so shopping for cute bras that gave me the perfect illusion was always a challenge. This was simple stuff for Keri she was blessed in all areas something I was secretly envious of but she's a bad bitch.

"Girl I don't see why you're going out of your way to buy all of this stuff for the man, just show up in a trench coat naked and go down on him."

"Keri!" I semi shouted while giggling, this girl had no filer.

"What? That always works for me." She winked while twirling around a pair of cotton panties in her hand.

"I'm not you miss hot body I need something to show off my curves, if I show up just naked I'll resemble a middle school boy getting in the shower." I joked making her laugh.

Customers looked at us awkwardly walking by, we were definitely a weird pair.

"I can't with you Sixty."

       I checked out lingerie sets around the store. In the midst of observing a pair of sexy white fish net stockings my phone started ringing. It had been ringing for the past fifteen minutes off and on and I had no energy to pull it from my purse. To keep my phone from going off again I sighed pulling it from my bag and answering it.

"What is it Twon?"

"Why you not answerin' yo phone girl?!" He yelled into the phone making me annoyed.

"Because I'm with a friend and oh yeah I don't have to." I joked but I didn't hear laughter on the other side of the phone.

Keri came up to me modeling a pair of sparkly tall heels. I would break my ankles walking in those, she was brave.

"Damn those cute as fuck."

"Right," she agreed with me doing a little spin.

"Sixty!" Twon yelled grasping my attention again.

I had almost forgotten we were on the phone.

"What boy?"

"I'm trynna tell you to check up on yo damn brother if you would listen to me for at least a fuckin' minute."

Suddenly he had all of my undivided attention.

"What's goin' on with Owen?" I asked in a serious manner.

Keri sighed, "I'll be over by the thongs." I nodded my head as she walked off.

"He just got into it with Andre over some stupid shit not too long ago. These niggas bout damn near killed each other. I tried callin' Tiana but she ain't pickin' up her fuckin phone."