Chapter 13

"Miss Hathaway, go to your room." You sound like my mom....  "I'll take care of this."

I got up and walked out. I don't know what just happened and I don't want to know.

"Why did he do that? " Drake asked.

" I don't know and honestly, I don't care. Now, please, stop talking and go to your room. I wanna be alone. "

" But, Kate... "

" I'm sorry, Ryan. I just don't feel like talking about anything, right now. "

I felt bad for ditching the Foster brothers like that, but I really wanted to be alone.

Later that night, Mr. Smith came to my dorm, demanding an explanation. And, I told him everything. Then, I got a call from my dad. He wanted me to come home. I told him no, but he wouldn't listen.

We got into a pretty bad argument and he won. I'm going home. So far, only Eve and Alice know. They were in the room when I was arguing with my dad.

I don't want to go. I found good friends here and I was finally starting to socialise with other people. I liked this world. I liked the spells, the people... It was where I belonged. But, there wasn't a thing I could do to turn my dad around. I already tried.

Kate's point of view

"What are you going to do?" Alice asked.

"What do you think? I'm leaving the boarding school. My dad is coming in two days." I really didn't want to leave, but what choice did I have?

"Are you sure that there's no way you can stay?"

"No. I've tried convincing him to let me stay, but nothing I said seemed to work. It's hopeless."

Eve didn't answer me. I heard the door open and I turned around.

"I heard you're leaving." It was just Ryan.

"Yeah, I am."

"Well guys," Alice started "we are going to dinner. See you later."

"You coming?" Ryan asked me.

"No. I'm not hungry." I really wasn't. And I didn't feel like going down to the cafeteria. Or living for that matter. I know I could still see my friends from time to time, but that doesn't mean I wasn't sad. I have to leave all of this, because my dad is being unreasonable.

"Um, okay. Want me to stay and make you company?" I didn't want that. I wanted to sit here alone and think about the past couple of moths that I spent here.

"No need. I'll just sit here and listen to some music."

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying. Really." Wow I did not see that coming. Actually I have been pretty clueless about a lot of stuff lately,but still. He was the first guy who cared about me this much.

"I'll be fine." I won't be fine, but I want to mope around for a bit more, was a more suitable answer.

"Okay then." He said. The door closed. I was finally alone. I turned the music on. I cried a little. Okay, I cried a lot. But, I needed that.

I don't know how long I sat there when, suddenly I felt it. Evil... He was here again. I took my phone turned the music off and dialed Ryan's number.

"He..." I interrupted him.

"Ryan, he's here again." I must sound really pathetic.

"I'll go and get the principal and I'll see you in a few minutes. Don't panic" he told me and hung up. I got off the couch right in time to throw myself on the floor.

The windows broke. Why is it always the windows?? While landing on the floor I hit my head against the table. I groaned. It was painful but I had to get out of here as soon as possible so I got off the floor and ran to the door

"Calm down. " I told myself and used Light of Life again.

Something was wrong. Like, really wrong. The fog didn't go away. It was still there.

"You need to be much stronger to defeat me." I heard someone say. I turned around.

Right there with an evil smile plastered on his was...Simon.