Chapter 11

"What/When/How/Why?"

"First of all..." I started. "I don't even know which one of you asked me what, but let me explain."

I took a deep breath, before counting.  "It turned out that the book we found was stolen from the forbidden section of the library. The principal found out and since the book is about my family, she wanted to ask me if I knew anything. I said that I found the book, but I didn't steal it, which I'm not sure she believed in. And, then she asked me to give it back. So, I did. Oh, and Alice, I'm sorry for scaring you like that. "

" So, " Simon analysed. " you don't have the book anymore and the principal thinks you stole it?"

"Yeah. But, the book never even belonged to me, so I guess that's not a problem. "

" Right. " Alice agreed with me. " I don't know what we're talking about, but you're right. "

" You didn't want the book anyway, did you? " Ryan asked.

" I didn't. And, I feel a lot better now, that the principal took it back. "

" Good. Now, let's head to Science, cause we're going to be late. " 

" Right. Okay. " I got up.

" We're going shopping after class. Be ready. "Eve yelled.

" Why? " I turned around.

" Some sort of winter formal is this Saturday. And, you're going. " I rolled my eyes, continuing to walk.

" What are you doing? " I stopped.

Ryan turned around and faced me. " I need to ask you something. "

" Sure. Ask away. " I was a bit worried. I have a weird feeling about this.

" Would you like to go to the dance with me? " My instincts were wrong.

I smiled. " I'd love to. "

He released a breath he was holding and grinned at me. "It's a date, then. Well, you know what I mean."

I laughed.  "Yeah."

~*~

The music was really loud. There was so many people. I'm having fun. And, that says something, since I don't really like parties and that kind of stuff.

'What would I do without your smart mouth.
Drawing me in and you kicking me out.
You got my head sinning, no kidding,
I can't pin you down. '

The song sounded through the speakers. "Wanna dance?" Ryan asked me.

"Okay. " We headed to the dance floor where other coiled were already dancing.

As the song continued, I began to feel strange. Like something was pulling the energy out of my body. I looked around, but everything seemed normal. A few minutes passed and I felt okay again. But, I needed to tell Ryan.

"Come on. I need to tell you something. " he opened his mouth, but I raised my hand up to stop him. " Not here. "

We found an empty classroom and I closed the door behind me.

" What is it? Are you okay? "

I sat down. " No, I mean, yeah, but.... I don't know. " I laughed slightly, trying to relieve the tension.

The classroom door opened again.

" What are you doing here? "