Chapter 8

After we had our chat with the principal, Ryan and I were trying to find our dorm rooms. It wasn't very successful so far.

"How am I supposed to find my dorm out of all these." I complained, like I have a tendency to do.

" I don't know." Ryan answered. I'm in 123. You?"

" Um... I'm in 302."

" We'll just have to search through the third floor then. "

" How do you know that? "

He pointed at my schedule paper. It said
'Dorms 1-120: first floor.
121-242: second floor
243-343: third floor.'

I mentally face palmed. " I actually read the papers that were given to me." Ryan laughed. " Oh, look, there's also room arrangements on the other side."

This time, I mentally gave myself a tap on the shoulder. Good work. " Whatever. " I muttered.

Ryan was laughing so hard, that he almost doubled over.

I rolled my eyes. " Bye, Ryan."

He waved me off, still laughing. Guys....

I found my room pretty quickly and unlocked it, with a spell. Interesting.

The room was pretty small but it looked comfy. There was a bright red couch and a small black table in the living room. Along with some chairs. And a pretty big TV, might I add. This so cool. I thought phones and any other type of modern technology doesn't work in here, cause of all that magic in the air. I chuckled to myself. I'm such a Potterhead.

*POOF *

"What.... How... Um... HA?! "

" Oh, hi! " the girl squealed." You must be Kate. I'm Eve. Nice to meet you. "

I closed my mouth. " Yeah, I'm Kate. "

" Want some help unpacking? " she asked.

" Yeah... Sure. "

" Cool. Lemme just show you your room. "

We unpacked my stuff and now, we are watching some TV.

" Hey, Eve? "

" Yeah? "

" How did you appear on the sofa? "

" When did I do that? Oh.... Well, it was just a simple spell. " Uh, huh. But, I accepted the answer, anyway.

" Hey, Kate? " This conversation was.... Something.

" Yeah? "

" Are you the girl who, well... literally blew up the cafeteria?" If I wasn't, this would be really awkward.

"Yuuuup. " I said, popping the 'p' at the end.

" How did you do that? " she looked at me, her eyebrows raised.

I turned, so I was facing towards her." I haven't got a clue. " I laughed. She joined me.

" That was pretty cool, tho."

"Me blowing up half of the school was cool? Thanks? "

" No problem. " she smiled and got up." Come with me. "

" Where to? "

" A friend's dorm. Come on. "

" Okay. " I sighed in defeat.

Turns out Eve's friend was Drake. And, he was roommates with Ryan. So, that's good.

"Hey Kate." Ryan greeted.

"Hey. Can we come in?"

"Sure. Come on in."

Drake was sitting on the couch while watching TV.

"Hey Kate. Everything alright?"

"Never better." I plopped down next to him, turning my attention to 'How I met your mother'

"You watch this? " I asked Drake.

" He's kinda, sorta.... Completely obsessed with it. " Ryan smiled.

After an hour of hanging out with Ryan and his roommates we went down to the cafeteria for dinner. Ryan's roommates were very nice to me and Eve. Their names were Simon and Will.

"Alright everyone. Listen up. Before you start eating I have an announcement to make. As you may know every year group of students get a mission. They would be sent on it right after they finished the first semester. So, now it's time to choose witch group will go on what mission." Principal Braun's speeches rarely made sense to me, but whatever.

"Hey Eve. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I whispered.

"Okay. I'll let you know what we got."

"Thanks."

One hour later
Eve's point of view

"Eve, where did Kate go?" Ryan asked me.

"I don't know. Maybe I should go check up on her. "

"Sure. Can I come with?" Blush was barely visible on Ryan's cheeks, but it was still visible. Oh, he likes Kate!

"Sure. Come on"

We went back to my dorm. By we, I mean all 5 of us. The door was open.

"Kate? " I called, as I went in.

I opened the door to our bedroom. Kate looked up from the book she was reading.

" Guys, come see this. "