ღ - 04

(Your POV), 3 years ago: I finally made it to nationals. I stretched before putting my skates on. Minutes before my performance, my phone rang. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take calls, so I asked my coach. She said I could. It was Oikawa.

"Hello?" I said.

"(f/n)-chan! look at the top stands!" I peeked and saw Oikawa and Iwaizumi, ready to cheer me on.

"Okay, I have to go now!" I said.

"Bye, (y/n), you'll do great!"

I ended the call, when my phone rang again.. it was my mom. Mom was in the hospital watching over Grandma. She was the only reason my passion for ice skating began.

"Hi, Mom! I gotta go soon!" I said.

I heard soft and quiet crying through the phone.

"Mom?"

She sniffled and said, "(y/n).. your Grandmother passed, an hour ago."

I felt a wind of tears go by me. I quickly ended the call and ran to the bathroom stalls. I cried quietly in hopes, nobody would hear me. I checked my phone, and Mom tried calling me 4 times. It was almost time for me to go out. I was thinking of not going out, but I knew I had to. I wiped my tears and quickly fixed my makeup. I went out and put on my skates. As I was passing by Yuri and Viktor gave me a smile and a thumbs up. My name then got called, and I skated to the middle.

(I suggest going back up to the top and playing the music if you would like before reading the next paragraph.)

(here's what you were wearing) ( I really can't take the sleeves seriously when they just flop like that svsv)

Quick backstory: You went to carry on your grandma's legacy of ice skating (cliche). Though as soon as you saw other people skate it felt as if there was a spark. Your grandma helped you out of course, and helped you gain enough confidence to compete. (okok backstory's done :])

My heart pounded, I honestly didn't know if I was going to break down. I looked at the camera and did a Korean heart. (It's something you did before you started skating. Your Grandmother would do the same thing but at the tv.) The music began to play and you started. I almost slipped as I did one of my signature moves, but I managed to land on my feet. I tried to put in as much effort as I could, and I landed everything. I finished with tears streaming down my face. I got a perfect score and won! :). I bowed and went over to Oikawa and Iwa-chan. I didn't want to tell them what happened yet. They gave me flowers and hugs.

I then went over to Yuri, who won 2nd in his category I congratulated him and everyone else. There was an after-party, but I didn't bother to go. I curled up in a ball in my hotel room and cried. Someone knocked on my door, it was Yuri. He noticed I didn't go to the party, so he brought me some food. We ate as I told him what happened. He gave me a bear hug, comforting me as much as he could. He then had to go back, I waved bye and sulked. I had to go back home. The flight was fine. I then saw Mom, Dad, and Ren. They told me congrats and all gave me hugs. The car ride back home was awfully awkward, I ran up to my room not saying a word. I texted Oikawa and Iwa-chan to meet up at the park..